Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Finding the right Setup Manual
Finding the right Setup Manual
I have just started using the CPAP machine and I want to adjust the pressure. My machine is a REMstar Pro C-Flex + System One. Upon receiving the manual for my machine from the Apnea Board I found out that it wasn't a match. Right name but not the right machine. When getting into the Clinician Setup on the machine I can't find the CPAP Pressure. My menu starts with Mode. Do any of you have the same machine? Can you tell me how to access the CPAP Pressure. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate you feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finding the right Setup Manual
Welcome, Hale Guy!

I don't have your machine so I can't advise you on how to change the pressure but I want to ask WHY? Why do you want to change the pressure since you just started using the cpap machine? Normally it is recommended to use the pressure the was determined by your triation study for several weeks. CPAP therapy will help you feel better but it doesn't happen over night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hale Gay,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2013, 08:08 PM)Hale Gay Wrote: My machine is a REMstar Pro C-Flex + System One.
If the name start with Phillips than its System One machine and look like this one and make sure to ask for the right manual
Respironcis names are confusing
[Image: 1a.jpg]

Philips-Respironics PR System One Series Machines setups:
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Here are Respirnocis machines pictures
[Image: which-remstar.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Take out the humidifier tank (or empty the water) and turn the machine over. There should be some info on a sticker. Something along the lines of model # and the like. There's a bit that should say (number)60 (like 460, 560, etc). It may say something50.

The problem with Respironics machines is they use the same basic name system but change just the model number. The 60 series is the newest.

And, to back up what iSnooze said, if you just started, why are you changing the pressure on your own? It is your right to do so but I just want to make sure you are aware of how long this fun takes to settle down. IF you did just start, you need several weeks of regular use before you will notice any true difference. Some take shorter, some take longer. Your body has gotten use to the "normal" of sleep apnea and it will take time to break its bad habits.

If you do choose to change the pressure, do so in small increments. 1/2 to a full point at a time, at least 7-10 days between each change. This is because no two nights are the same and it takes time (sound familiar?) to notice any trends.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2013, 08:08 PM)Hale Gay Wrote: My menu starts with Mode.
I've missed that
Probably the machine is "Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE"
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...chine-Help

See section one for the instructions:
Philips-Respironics REMstar SE: Click HERE for instructions on how to enter the Clinician Setup
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
If it is the REMstar SE version, here's the clinician menu instructions for that one:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...structions

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input. Many have asked why I want to change the pressure since I am new at this. I guess the word new is relative. I have been using the machine for probably 2 months and have not seen a difference in my degree of being tired throughout the day. In an effort to try to get some benefit I have attempted to change the pressure. I have inadvertently changed the pressure by 2 pounds. I don'e know how it happened but it did happen. I am trying to change it back and do it in smaller increments.

It has been suggested that my machine is a Philips-Respironics REMstar SE:. It is not a match for that machine. Upon looking at the back of the machine it says RemStar Pro, DOM 460.

I did look up a link that was provided and it is a match for one of them. It says how to access the Clinician's setup menu and how to actuate the options. It does not, however, tell how to get to the CPAP Pressure. My menu begins with Mode.

If anyone has a machine that whose menu begins with mode I would appreciate you input. Thanks so much for the suggestions already.
Post Reply Post Reply
okay one more time
Both PRS1 Pro 460 and Auto 560 comes with "Auto-Trial and CPAP-Check modes" feature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu42KzPBc...e=youtu.be

Auto-Trial mode delivers breath-by-breath auto-CPAP therapy for up to a total of 30 days, after which the device automatically transitions into the CPAP-Check mode at the pressure the patient was at or below 90% of the trial period time.

CPAP-Check mode checks on the user every 30 hours to determine if therapy pressure is optimal; if not, it automatically adjusts the nightly fixed CPAP pressure by 1 cm H2O to obtain ideal pressure.
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/us_en/...6OD4k8mA3Q

If this what we,re talking out than you need to ask for this manual too
Respironics PR System One AutoIQ REMstar Pro with C-Flex+

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I did look up a link that was provided and it is a match for one of them.

Hale, I've emailed you all three of the above possible manuals. Which one of these pictured below does your machine look like?:

[Image: which-remstar.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 223 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,941 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 594 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.