Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which Aetna DME?
Which Aetna DME?
I am looking at the Aetna DME Provider list and was curious if someone has a recommendation for which DME to go with. Or atleast any I should strictly avoid? It seems like there are tons of complains about all of these DMEs so it is really confusing me.

Here are my choices:
  • American Home Patient
  • Apria
  • Lincare
  • Medline Industries
  • Rotech
  • US Medical Supply
Best regards
Brett
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which Aetna DME?
Welcome to the Apnea Board,

Not being smart, but you'll have to do some tapping of the keyboard keys yourself to see what Mr. Google and others like BBB say, specifically for offices in your local area. And make some phone calls to these local offices to get a feel for how they rate with you. What's good for you depends on where you are.

Pay attention to where offices are located. Ones actually in your state might be better at getting insurance approval on items. Or your closest in state may be your billing office, with a local out of state office being the actual supplier. I have had both these scenarios. If it's a split scenario, the one you actually get your supplies counts more on reviews.

I have used a local franchise office of Rotech called CPO2, then Apria, and now Lincare. Apria and Lincare get pretty poor grades in most cases. These 3 also are typically called your national suppliers, meaning most insurances have them on their list.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Along with recommendations from this board, give the link below a look for DME's in city near you. Don't base your choice by these reviews alone, but try to find other review sites as well.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Cp...ecommended
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using ROTECH and can say I've been very pleased with them. I deal with them online and it's been easy peasy.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apria and Aetna. Rip Off? parkerdt 13 3,418 03-30-2022, 06:12 PM
Last Post: hegel
Question AETNA & ResMed Quattro parts supplier nikidawn 7 2,307 05-31-2017, 08:34 PM
Last Post: nikidawn
  Are there any Aetna In-Network DME suppliers that carry Resmed Airsense 10 Autosets? StoopidMonkey81 8 6,919 11-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Last Post: LesPauloholic
  DME refusing to bill Aetna hatanipai 8 4,647 07-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
Question [Equipment] How much does Aetna cover? USKiwi 3 18,509 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Last Post: TheWerkz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.