Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals
Question 
First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals
Not sure how to interpret OSCAR data so wondering if anyone can help me

I posted on here before concerned about potentially having CSA with my original sleep study, i've been trialling a CPAP and last night was the first night i slept a full 8.5 hours with the machine. I don't understand the charts but to the left all i see is mostly centrals, a few hypopneas and 2 obstructions. I remember waking up once or twice mid-central apnea and choking on the air being pushed my clear airway and it waking me up causing me to gasp for air and go back to sleep. It was weird.

Any help appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals
You'll be best served to allow us to see the data on the left panel and the chart.
Yes, there's some CA flags. How many? Not certain.

First night on PAP. This still can be treatment emergent.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You cut off a lot of info we use to aid and guide our suggestions.
Your CAI appears to be something under 3. Typically this is not enough to worry about.
your 11 obstructive events (though your 9 hypopneas could be central) bump your AHI up to about 4.
Your flow limits look like they may be a little high.

I suggest you cut your EPR to zero which could help with the central but hurt your obstructive events.

BTW, How do you feel?

Use F12 to take the screenshot so we can see the stats and settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which parts would you like to see? not sure what im looking at myself

this better?

Post Reply Post Reply
and here is my original sleep study for reference

Post Reply Post Reply
another screenshot of diff information if it helps

Post Reply Post Reply
A little suggestion.  Unless otherwise requested, you want to have the Details tab data displayed and not the Events tab information.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2021, 06:58 AM)IwantToSleep123 Wrote: Which parts would you like to see? not sure what im looking at myself

this better?

Yes, the way you configured this screenshot is the standard one to post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep study info, events:
Obstructive 0
Central 10
Mixed 1
Hypopnea 31

No Obstructive. The Hypopnea are likely partially Central, though it doesn't list it.

2 choices in my opinion. Continue with the AutoSet in an avoidance of Central plan, or get the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV to treat the Centrals.

What you have with the AutoSet isn't too bad. This straight CPAP therapy currently IS the Avoid CA Plan in action.

Tell us critically and in detail, How do you feel? Is this comfortable? Helpful?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 153 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 387 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,801 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 835 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,871 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.