Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] HIGHER ahi with cpap, autoramp cause ?
HIGHER ahi with cpap, autoramp cause ?
Guys my ahi without cpap is 23, and my 4th with cpap was 32 ?  https://sleephq.com/public/551454c7-88e3...cc1f8f77cc  

Link to my reports, please give some helpful tweaks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HIGHER ahi with cpap, autoramp cause ?
Autoramp is likely not the problem.

There really is nothing we can learn from that report about optimizing therapy settings. Except:
  • You're not sleeping well, yet.  There are 17 sleep sessions.
  • All or most of the events are probably false positives, or sleep onset and (likely) caused by eratic breathing.
  • There are a lot of leaks
  • When your body starts getting used to CPAP, instead of lying there awake, then the data will be more representative of your actual sleep.
The only thing I would suggest is to prioritise CPAP comfort and acceptance. including using EPR and Capping the maximum pressure. 

FWIW, many here don't agree with EPR and Capping pressure, or even using Ramp. 

I consider the priority for novices to be learning to sleep, not optimising therapy based on data that is not representative of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
binyameen,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Did you have a Sleep Study done?  Did it show Central Sleep apnea?  If you have a copy, (redacted of personal info), please post it here.  

In the meantime, please post a Screenshot of the daily page in OSCAR.
Take a Screenshot by using the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12)

The link below in my signature line on Chart Organization will guide you.

Use the Attachment Feature to post screenshot here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much, I'll post an Oscar screenshot, hopefully it will be more useful for tweak advise.

Thank you yes, I will post a screenshot of Oscar!
Post Reply Post Reply
Treatment
Hello guys, here are my Oscar reports. Please give me recommendations and tips so I can have a very peaceful sleep. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
binyameen - I have combined your two threads since they are a duplicate of the other. Please try and keep all your therapy posts in one thread. This allows others to see your treatment history for a better recommendation.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Binyamean - two critical things to understand. I realize you are brand new at this. Four posts.

First point - this is almost never an overnight quick fix. It's more of a journey. Our society wants immediate gratification, but that doesn't apply here. Each person is different, but it is not unusual to read stories involving a few months. Please have realistic expectations.

Second point - each time a new "session" starts, the ramp begins all over again By definition, no therapy is provided during ramp. If you have 17 sleep sessions and ramp for 20 minutes, you have 17x20=340 minutes of no therapy. That's 5 1/2 hours of no therapy in that particular night. So if you don't absolutely need ramp, turn it off. Have you tried turning off ramp?
Post Reply Post Reply
I shortened ramp time hoping for a difference,  I will turn it off completely tho and see the difference. Thanksasss
Post Reply Post Reply
binyameen,
Thanks for posting a chart, but will need you to repost a recent one following these directions:  
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

The graphs we need to see to start out are:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Flow Limitation.  

Use the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12) (Standard View) to take a Screenshot of your graph.  Thanks!

Also, could you answer my question above:  Did you have a Sleep Study done?  Did it show Central Sleep apnea?  If you have a copy, (redacted of personal info), please post it here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, ok I will do that now thank you. And yes I did, I had an AHI of 23.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low OA, Higher CA Scores Davaadtron 6 176 04-23-2024, 11:56 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 6 198 04-19-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Hauty
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,734 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 168 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 420 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 602 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 392 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.