Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure Help
Pressure Help

Hi - I've been on CPAP for about 12 years now and the majority of that time, I was on a System One, then a DreamStation, but lack of response on getting a replacement with the recall forced me to look elsewhere.   I ended up with the AirSense 10 AutoSet (37142) since July.    I kept the settings the same as my previous device, but in the last month or so, I've struggled with ear pressure when I wake up in the morning, and can be painful at times.   I'm looking for help to see if I need to adjust my numbers.   I run a min 8.0 and max 16.0.   I do have an inline hose filter, which I'm going to remove for tonight and see if that has any impact.   Any insight into these numbers would be appreciated.  Attached are my screenshots from 2 nights ago from Oscar.

Thanks
Greg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Help
Hi.  You bumped up against your upper limit quite a bit middle of the run you show in the first image.  Looking below, down at Flow Limits, you see a commensurate indication of substantial flow limits during the same period.  The clustering suggests you might need a higher limit, or that your airway is being pinched a bit, perhaps on your back, but even on either side, with your chin tucked down toward your chest.  If this happens to you, we advised the purchase of a soft foam cervical collar to help prevent chin-tucking.

Please wait for other considered opinions before changing anything.  You're sure to get them in time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Help
I think there may be some Positional Apnea here. Read about it in the wiki. A correctly sized cervical collar could help. You are already using EPR of 3, which is good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,355 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,360 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,648 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.