Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Help for a newbie: titration failed
RE: Help for a newbie: titration failed
I would suggest nothing special for the first night, but we did notice a possible positional apnea problem earlier. That may still be in play if you didn’t take our suggestion of using a soft cervical collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
If you have a preference for a certain mask for any reason, don't accept another. IMO next time you get a little voice that says "I don't care what you like; I'm the one who will be wearing it!!!" let it rip out nice and loud. I don't care what the reason is, if you like mask x but they're telling you no you can't have your choice, NO I've selected that one. Don't buy it can't work for high pressure of other lame excuses.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great advice, all!

I tried a cervical collar (Releaf) but find I'm taking it off in the middle of the night because it's uncomfortable. Actually uncomfortable is maybe too strong a word; it's not causing me pain, I just can't get used to the sensation of it pressing against my chin. I have a short, skinny (37 cm) neck, I don't know if that's what's causing me problems? I'd be willing to try another brand if it's possible it would make a difference.

Also, the nurse recommended that I sleep at a 45 degree incline to reduce the risk of aerophagia. Does that sound right???

P.S. Really liked the sleep medicine nurse so she's a keeper. PCP is getting dumped. I'm also really pleased so far with the DME I've selected. The RP ordered a machine for me before he had script & insurance approval in hand so I wouldn't have to wait the extra week for it to make it through the mail.

P.P.S. I was disappointed to learn that aside from disposable filters and chin straps, my insurance only covers new supplies once a year. I sure hope that face mask is in it for the long haul!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeping on an incline is a well known technique to reduce aerophagia, but it increases the likelihood of positional apnea. There are many collars out there, and they come in different heights, firmness and circumference. The first one you try, is often not the one you live with, and all I can say is they are relatively cheap, and you will eventually land on one that works. It's been a while since we saw a chart to see if the positional issue is still in play.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
45 degree might be a bit much, but the concept has merit.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd give you a chart if I had it but I'm still waiting on delivery of my machine!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Needs Help Please CanMFT 16 299 12-30-2020, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Pressure] Is Titration Recommended? Remember2Breathe 9 225 12-28-2020, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Remember2Breathe
  Newbie help interpreting data and having settings nickng33 6 194 12-15-2020, 11:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  After Four Failed Machines it is Clear - RESMED SUCKS Akhenaten33 7 406 11-18-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Has Your Philips Dreamstation Humidifier Lid Latch Failed? FLsleeper7 22 3,750 11-10-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: ewjohnson
  Newbie looking for a clue mike291068 47 2,529 10-25-2020, 01:30 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [CPAP] Newbie would like some advice (Aircurve 10 VAuto) leancomfort 8 365 10-19-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: leancomfort

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.