Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Help for a newbie: titration failed
RE: Help for a newbie: titration failed
Glad you got that worked out. Sounds like you are finally on your way, and Dave's advise to follow up frequently can't be said enough. A new DME seems to be your solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, glad the suggestion helped. New DME sounds more responsive so hopefully this helps. Just keep their feet to the fire.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The saga continues...

I had to email my BiPAP script to the new DME THREE TIMES, but I finally got a call this morning that there is an AirCurve 10 VAuto at a warehouse in Detroit with my name on it that will be shipped to me via UPS either today or tomorrow. I have video appointment Monday afternoon so the RT can set it up and assist me with mask fitting. I had asked for a hybrid-style mask but they are sending me an F20 kit (I assume AirFit rather than AirTouch because my insurance only pays for cushion replacement once a year). I am not thrilled, but I will try it and if I don't like it I will exchange.

I was advised to open the package when it arrives but not to try to use the machine because it will arrive with factory settings and I will need the RT to program it for me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. First thing I'm doing will be plugging that thing in and accessing the clinical settings menu and checking the blower hours. I may or may not play with the settings depending on how ornery I'm feeling, but I for sure will be checking to make sure it has the SD card and installing one if it does not.

I am feeling anxious, but I suppose that comes with the territory.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats, there's finally some progress. It appears you've got this under control and armed with knowing what to expect. So far mission accomplished.

You can get the clinical manual in the CPAP Setup Manual section if you don't have it yet.

Keep us updated and if you have a machine ETA hold them to it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2021, 11:47 AM)lilymaebelle Wrote: The saga continues...

I was advised to open the package when it arrives but not to try to use the machine because it will arrive with factory settings and I will need the RT to program it for me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. First thing I'm doing will be plugging that thing in and accessing the clinical settings menu and checking the blower hours. I may or may not play with the settings depending on how ornery I'm feeling, but I for sure will be checking to make sure it has the SD card and installing one if it does not.

I am feeling anxious, but I suppose that comes with the territory.

I like this attitude!   Laugh-a-lot
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Holy &^&^%( everybody, I have my machine!

I have been using it for a bit at a time to try to get used it without a whole lot of success. I did manage to fall asleep with it on, but only made it an hour. It felt like the fit was okay when I was wearing it awake, but the pressure of the cushion against my face was bad enough to make me wake up and rip the thing off. I guess the only good thing is that there wasn't one part of the mask that seemed to be digging in; it seemed to press on all parts of my face equally so maybe I just need to get used to it?

Here is my question. I do have the ramp turned off. When I am wearing the mask, it feels like there is almost no air coming through it. I can feel a little bit of air movement, but there's not a "blowing" sensation. My minimum pressure is 9, so shouldn't I at least be able to feel it? I was wearing the F20 with a medium face cushion last night. I tried swapping in the small cushion when I woke up this morning to see if maybe the discomfort I was feeling was due to incorrect sizing, and the pressure was extremely noticeable. Could this mean that the medium cushion formed the proper seal and that's why I couldn't feel much air?
Post Reply Post Reply
Use ramp on auto to be able to fall asleep. Remember to use the "blow-back" technique to take back control of the machine. Please review the settings you are using.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Wait, what's the blowback technique?

I don't want to mess with the settings yet since it's only been one night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Blowback, a technique to combat an ASV's tendency to say HOWDY by giving a forceful blow of air when you're drifting off to sleep, startles you awake thing. The remedy is blowback. Literally blow back moderately forceful through the mask to say hi to Mr. ASV. Then you're greetings are fulfilled and try to get some sleep. Too-funny

BTW since you've gotten the machine I'm guessing you're to blame for the snow forecast tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave is an ASV user and expert. By blowing back as he describes, the machine resets and won't give you a large pulse of air on the next breath. When it detects a lack of spontaneous effort, it responds with pressure support (increased pressure over EPAP and the minimum PS). It can do this until it detects you have taken control, which is what the blowback tells it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 74 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.