Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Help for a newbie: titration failed
RE: Help for a newbie: titration failed
FWIW my own ASV did the hard blow 2 separate occasions when I'd first gotten it, say within week 1 then never again.

Thanks for the glowing report Sleeprider. Your check is in the mail. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, good point on the waiting a bit to have breathing settle. I didn't have a problem with it due to my COPD influencing slow breath rate anyway. But yes, several members here have been bit with the higher breathing issues when masking up thing.

USPS is a bit slow lately SR. Sorry...Wink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am confused I thought lillymaebrlle said she was getting a VAuto not an ASV what machine arrived in the post ???? Blowback will not work against an VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jaswilliams you're right, this is a Vauto, and we have no ideal how it is setup.

Lilymaebelle, we need you to update your profile, and provide the settings or a chart. It's just too confusing to work without the basic information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Y'all are taskmasters! I love it!

So far I've only got 3.5 hours of use on my machine over three nights (and I wasn't asleep for much of that), but hey, I'm trying.

I could do with a reminder of the part of the OSCAR chart that will be useful for me to look at.
Post Reply Post Reply
Need your settings. If you follow the tutorial in my signature that will work great. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
What seems to be the problem?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I guess we can blow off the blowback coaching session. Eh so be it. I'm on break. Again.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I think I figured out how to get the mask to seal with enough trial and error ... and then I put my thumb right through the silicone while I was taking it off! I'm freaking out a bit because my insurance only covers one cushion a year. I can find a little extra in my budget to have a spare on hand, but I can't afford to replace these things every three days, which is how long this one lasted.

Trying to decide if I should use the small cushion from the fit kit tonight or just wait until tomorrow when I talk to the RT and beg for a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
What make and model mask are you using? I think we have heard of extremely short life with some of the F20 models, and you might be better looking for a different model. Most insurance allows at least one mask change per year but multiple cushions. Anyway, let's find out what you're using.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing mask listed as ResMed F20 AirFit.

Cue Dave's broken record, try to get the Fisher & Paykel Vitera (or their Simplus) once you have your talk with the supplier. Maybe call insurance customer service to see what their policy is on CPAP mask supplies. Either way, find out what to do with the broken cushion and how to get a different mask purchase covered.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 146 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.