Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Help optimizing therapy - Low AHI
Idea 
Help optimizing therapy - Low AHI
Hi all. I'm looking for some assistance optimizing my therapy. I've read the wiki thoroughly, but based on my oscar data it looks like there are some conflicting directions I can go in. 

In the night I'm posting I basically had 1 legitimate OA, 1 legitimate CA, and then a flagged RERA and hypopnea which I'm not sure if are legitimate. I've attached screenshots of those events.

I'm not sure if I should reduce EPR, increase pressure, or both. 

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help optimizing therapy - Low AHI
Your events are negligible in number, and adjusting pressure to minimize them further isn't your best plan of action.  From the left panel, it looks as though you have a fair amount of flow limitation, so you might actually want to increase your EPR to 3 to see whether that helps.  The next time you post, could you include a screenshot of the whole night?  That helps a lot to provide context.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay I attached a file with the whole night. Btw, in the left panel it says 95% flow limit is 0.09. Is that considered a fair amount? I did not know! I'll try EPR 3 for a few days. Should I also increase the max pressure then so EPAP stays the same?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your FL graph shows that you experienced some amount of flow limitation for much of the time you were settled into sleep. (It looks as though you may not have really fallen asleep until around 2:15.) The numbers in the panel are a clue, but the graph provides better information.

Given how few events you're experiencing, I'd suggest you increase EPR without changing your minimum to see how it goes. If you get a significant increase in obstructive events, that will signal a need to raise the minimum. But try first with your current minimum; it may be just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 85 1,697 22 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 52 8 hours ago
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 208 Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 244 Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 984 Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,656 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 98 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.