Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Help w ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto Settings
RE: Help w ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto Settings
BlueJay, your events from your screenshots of 8/13/17 show your events are mostly clear airway (central) apnea. The reason is that your PS (pressure support) is too high. You were titrated for a PS of 3.0. You need to set your pressure support back to 3.0 (currently 4.0). That may resolve the problem by itself. You currently have an EPAP minimum of 7.0. Since your OAI (obstructive apnea index) is only 0.33, that does not seem to be a problem. Your maximum EPAP pressure was just over 9.0 cm, so the pressure range does not need to be changed for now.

Go into the clinical settings and dial back the PS to 3.0 and you're done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SleepRider,

Thanks for the advise

I have lowered my PS - and modified the TI Settings

TI Max : 1.5
TI min : .80

I will keep you posted
Post Reply Post Reply
Out of my curiosity, why did you adjust the Ti min and Ti max?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I use 2.2 Ti max and 0.3 Ti min. Whatever works for you is fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All, 

To be honest w all of you, I really am not sure about the optimal settings which would explain why I am playing around w the settings.

I guess my question is how can I best interpret the data from sleepyhead ? 

Example : last night I woke up several times 

1st part off the night : 

PAP Mode: VPAPauto
PS 2.4 over 12.0-16.0 (cmH2O)

EPAP : 12.30 ( 95%) 
IPAP  14.70 (95%) 
AHI : 2.51 

2nd part of the night 

EPAP : 7.48 ( 95%) 

IPAP  8.88  (95%) 
AHI : 4.00
Clear Airway :  5 events
Hypopnea : 6 events 
----------------------

Aug 14 

PAP Mode: VPAPauto
PS 3.00 over 5-15.0 (cmH2O)

EPAP : 12.30 ( 95%) 

IPAP  14.70 (95%) 
AHI : 1.18
Post Reply Post Reply
You have enough posts now to be able to link images (screenshots), so the additional information would not hurt. Decreasing your PS to 3 on 8/14 seems to have had good results. Clearly, you could stand to increase EPAP min to somewhere near your median EPAP pressure since there is a pretty wide span. This will stabilize pressure further, and should have positive results on your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, what about TI Min and Max ?

One last question: there is a setting for Trigger and Cycle that are set at Medium.

Question: should i keep them there ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2017, 07:31 PM)BlueJay22 Wrote: To be honest w all of you, I really am not sure about the optimal settings which would explain why I am playing around w the settings.

Not a good idea! You don't play around with the settings unless you know what you're doing and why, and then it's not really playing around.

Quote:I guess my question is how can I best interpret the data from sleepyhead ?

First, you need some meaningful data. That's several consecutive days with no changes to the pressure settings.

Here's what you look for (in order of importance):

1. Compliance. Machine us used every time you sleep, all the time you're sleeping.
2. Leaks. You want acceptable leak statistics and a good looking leak rate graph.
3. AHI. Ideally 5 or less.

There's a lot more to it, but that's where you start. Just be patient, you'll learn as you go.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks will take your advise
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.