Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's the problem?
RE: What's the problem?
I've already gotten around the internet for these soft collars and I think I need to get one and I and it can change things a lot with it but last night I did pretty good results when changing the maximum pressure from 20 to 13 and AHI 14 became AHI 7 and total apnea time dropped dramatically from 1 hour to 12-15 minutes for 7 hours sleeptime. And the other thing I noticed is that the initial episodes I had already disappeared  , usually appear in a smaller size and time about 3-4 hours afterwards, or are missing at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
When we worked through Melman's issues in February this year, his results were extremely variable, with high and low apnea rates.  This is often the case with positional apnea, but we were both learning at the time.  You can see his thread here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght-s-Data

To give you an idea of the effect of correcting head position look at these two charts.  Does anything here look familiar?  I learned a lot from helping Melman, mostly how to recognize this obstructive pattern and how positional therapy can produce amazing results.  

[Image: 5mVWVC3l.png]

[Image: llswkafl.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slaterslater

I have also been advised by Sleeprider, QAL and others who suggested it may be my sleep position, involuntary chin tuck, EPR as well as the wrong mask which caused most of my discomfort and poor numbers. It was hard as all my life I had been sleeping on my back and even now at times, I need to get my spine flat on the bed. With sleep apnea and snoring I became a serious mouth breather.

However I mostly sleep on my left side now, with a collar applying the tongue trick and a suitable mask my numbers are more soothing and would you believe I wake feeling better now mainly.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with what Sleeprider says because when I look at the Melman diagrams they are the same as mine that I am watching now and I really think that the use of soft collars will bring the desired result. Thx All for help me because in first time i think that APAP is a wrong mashine and need BiPAP but with help from everyone in forum know it's not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.