Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Help with optimal settings on my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO (using Swift LT Nasal Pilw)
RE: Help with optimal settings on my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO (using Swift LT Nasal Pilw)
Thank you immensely Crimson Nape, Walla Walla and Sleeprider. like I am still unsure why the images didn't post after posting several times trying both methods on Step 4 and on Step 5 on the Loganville site, but I will look to follow the code outline below in the future when I post sleepyhead content.

Ok, for the next few nights I will lower the PS to 0, and I guess I will keep the other two settings the same, and see what happens with that. If any of the other minor settings (Ti Max, Ti Min, etc.) look funky, please let me know and I will adjust those accordingly, or if there is a consensus that my IPAP or EPAP should be adjusted, I will do that too.

Also, I'm not sure if this is advised or not, but I have been taping my mouth at night while running the machine via the nose pillows, so that I'm not breathing through my mouth at all (we are all supposedly supposed to always breath through our noses). So not sure how it is picking up mouth leaks as Walla Walla mentioned. Does anyone have an opinion on taping my mouth while wearing the nose pillows?

As well, I've been noticing dry mouth. Any thoughts on that? 

I really appreciate the feedback and the love! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with optimal settings on my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO (using Swift LT Nasal Pilw)
(08-20-2017, 07:59 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I'm not an Advisor .  .  .   I'm waiting to see what the Advisors think.

To be clear, an Advisory member, as well as any other membership designation, is just a membership level and does not infer or indicate any degree of expertise or knowledge.  I realize that this may be misleading.  Please use logic and make your own determination if you wish to apply any advise you may receive.

Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape, 
                       OK change that from Advisors to more experienced Board Members who just happen to be Advisors. Big Grin
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Duly noted, but if anyone has opinions on the last few things I wrote, I would appreciate any thoughts, and then I will take that info and make my own determination.

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2017, 09:59 AM)TimmyT Wrote: Ok, for the next few nights I will lower the PS to 0, and I guess I will keep the other two settings the same, and see what happens with that. If any of the other minor settings (Ti Max, Ti Min, etc.) look funky, please let me know and I will adjust those accordingly, or if there is a consensus that my IPAP or EPAP should be adjusted, I will do that too.

Also, I'm not sure if this is advised or not, but I have been taping my mouth at night while running the machine via the nose pillows, so that I'm not breathing through my mouth at all (we are all supposedly supposed to always breath through our noses). So not sure how it is picking up mouth leaks as Walla Walla mentioned. Does anyone have an opinion on taping my mouth while wearing the nose pillows?

As well, I've been noticing dry mouth. Any thoughts on that? 

I really appreciate the feedback and the love! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The use of zero pressure support will give us another baseline to look at your results.  I suspect the CA will nearly disappear, and there may be some hypopnea, but overall lower AHI.   Things will work out, it's just curious that you are sensitive to pressure, and respond in a way a relatively low percentage of people do.  As far as taping, I'm not a fan, but it's a personal decision.  I don't think it's worth it compared to getting an interface that just works properly.  If you need to tape, how much more uncomfortable could a FFM be?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear you Sleeprider. I will see if we can fix it with nose pillows, but if not, maybe look to get different headgear setup. I'll report more in the next few days. Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
It's early in your therapy, and perhaps as you adapt to this, your ability to resist leaks will improve, but I'm a big believer that comfort and natural sleep is a big part of recovery. Taping, not so much. Find what works for you, and let the healing begin.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for covering as I knew you would.  I was on a camping trip and oout of touch.
TT you have charts up and some of best advisers around helping you.  Follow their advice.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Will do! Thanks Sleeprider and bonjour/Fred. Dancing Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Oooooops,

Brain fart!!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 90 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 2 47 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,985 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 996 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 696 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.