Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Help with optimal settings on my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO (using Swift LT Nasal Pilw)
RE: Help with optimal settings on my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO (using Swift LT Nasal Pilw)
Hello All,

I just posted images of my sleep report from last night in the Software area of this board. I am looking to get suggestions tonight on possible changes to my settings so I have fewer AHI's and a better night sleep tonight. If anyone has thoughts on this it would be greatly appreciated. You can search my username in the Software area and should be able to see the images, hopefully. 

Thanks so much!!! Thanks Big Grin Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with optimal settings on my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO (using Swift LT Nasal Pilw)
Clarification...the results are in the Software Support Forum. Thx   Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
http://imgur.com/a/ZghEm

http://imgur.com/a/HeoSx

Apparently, what I posted in the Software thread didn't come through. Hopefully, you can see them at the URL's above. Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Do you know how to post on the public board?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried, and apparently I did something wrong, as it didn't work. I will try once more...give me a few minutes...thx

[Image: jeexV]
Post Reply Post Reply
Again, it doesn't look like it worked. I followed these instructions http://www.loganville.online/download/image.pdf exactly, so not sure what's going on. If you have the patience to do it, please view the URL's on the web.

You are appreciated!!! Smile Smile Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
On behalf of TommyT:
[Image: X2WEfac.png]
[Image: u4Z6sWX.png]

Code:
Code Used to post images:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/X2WEfac.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/u4Z6sWX.png[/img]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not an Advisor but I think your machine is the cause of your AHI's. It's almost all clear Airway Apneas which can be a reaction to the pressure. I'd try a lower IPAP setting or maybe just a CPAP setting of 9. Also you need to stop the mouth leaks. Maybe a chin strap or Cervical Collar to help keep the jaw shut. I'm waiting to see what the Advisors think.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting that with pressure range of 5.0-16 the machine never exceeds EPAP 6.1 and all events are CA. At this point, I would simple reduce pressure support from 3 to a lower value like 1 or 2 or perhaps 0. It is the PS that will increase CA events. The actual incidence of CA is not very high, and I think this will work itself out with a combination of lower PS and time to adapt to the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah what he said.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 202 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.