Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] High leakage rate
RE: High leakage rate
I agree with Mongo and Zonk. Leaks are not the end of the world especially if you are getting some benefit. I will add though, that reducing the leak rate will be beneficial to your therapy so, while it is not worth getting bent out of shape about, it is worth some effort to improve the situation. Do you ever feel your leaks. If so, where are they occurring?

For most people, the area around where the seal is on the nose is the most troublesome area to get sealed. That problem is exacerbated by prominent cheek bones and deeply recessed nasal bridge. If this is the case for you, it may be necessary to go to a full face mask that has adjustable depth nose seal like the Mirage Quattro or one that has designed the nose seal so that it has a lot of extra throw like the F&P Simplus.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 20 1 hour ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 238 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 115 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 854 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.