Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I got the WORST DME in history
RE: Looks like I got the WORST DME in history
From me in a posted reply on the Board, wiki editor used it to help describe dealing with DME's.

See wiki article here on DME handling

"One users Path to machine

Here's my thumbnail sketch of how I got my latest CPAP/ASV blower:

1. I called my health insurance Customer Service, we discussed which DME's were in-net nearby, I noted names/addresses/phone #

2. I called above noted DME's to decide which I wanted to deal with, determined mostly by geographic location and products carried, AND by reputation

3. After the ASV version of PSG, I called the pulmonary docs office to tell them which DME to use for the ASV script

4. Called DME, doc, and insurance MULTIPLE times until my script was filled with newly prescribed ASV

5. Waited 24 hours and repeat step 4 then step 5 over for a few weeks

BTW step 5 has NO sarcastic intent; this is really what happened. I didn't sit very long while waiting on these 3 amigos to do anything. At least one of the 3 heard from me every day until I knew the machine was to placed in my hands on a certain date and time."

You can try that if the current DME strikes out in any way. IMO I don't give the DME too many chances as it's my health they're playing with.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looks like I got the WORST DME in history
im in texas, new user..i have had a really good experience with a company called Pumps it,inc.  they are also a diabetic supply company, but they just started doing cpap..maybe being not as busy they can help.. the service was great and had my cpap in about a week...they also ship outside of texas, my mom uses the diabetic side
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 451 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,802 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 573 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Took a turn for the worst. Please help with OSCAR Charts LBTRS 14 1,615 06-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  [Treatment] Still fatigued, history, are these CAs real? GuyScharf 87 6,812 09-23-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  the history of Sleepyhead car54 5 1,507 01-10-2020, 03:52 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Finger oximeter with history? SleepyTexasGirl 6 1,503 12-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Last Post: geauxdbl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.