Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good or bad numbers??
Good or bad numbers??
Could someone tell me if the below numbers are good or bad. I pulled them with SleepyHead Software. Still a newbie at the software end. Also I want to say everyone has been great giving information on this board.

Eddie

Average Leak Rate 6.47
Obstructive Apnea Index 0
Hypopna Index 0.22
Clear Airway Apnea Index 0.44
AHI 0.45
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good or bad numbers??
Looks good by my understanding! How's your sleeping been? (S9 is a great machine... (y) )
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2015, 02:15 PM)Shamus54 Wrote: Looks good by my understanding! How's your sleeping been? (S9 is a great machine... (y) )

Sleeping is good but I can only sleep about 5 hours a night as the mask starts to bother me around that time. Just started with a nasal mask I have been on a full face for around 10 years. Yes I love the S9 with the auto on feature!

Eddie

ResMed Mirage Activa LT Large
ResMed S9 Elite
Presure 16.00
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2015, 02:19 PM)viper245 Wrote:
(03-13-2015, 02:15 PM)Shamus54 Wrote: Looks good by my understanding! How's your sleeping been? (S9 is a great machine... (y) )

Sleeping is good but I can only sleep about 5 hours a night as the mask starts to bother me around that time. Just started with a nasal mask I have been on a full face for around 10 years. Yes I love the S9 with the auto on feature!

I try not to drink after 8pm, the I usually sleep from around 1030 til 330 before having to hit the little boys room... Usually sleep another 3 hours after that, but more lightly... No complaints here!
Post Reply Post Reply
average leaks is not high - but what is the makeup of it? is it a spike or 2 while you are adjusting things then 0 or very low? that would be good... if you are leaking steadily all night long at a low rate, you might consider if you are mouth breathing.

For me, discomfort happens when my sleep is being disturbed for some reason. The reason for not sleeping is not necessarily the same as the discomfort would seem to suggest.

your AHI looks great though Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is excellent. Leaks LOOK good but 95% leak would be a bit more interesting.

If you can wear a nasal mask you can likely wear nasal pillows and most people find them more comfortable. (I like to push Airfit P10 Pillow mask.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
How high do the pressure numbers go
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 110 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 142 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 335 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 564 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 608 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 673 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.