Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Limited to 3 hr use most of time
RE: Limited to 3 hr use most of time
There are a couple things you can do to better understand your machine and prepare questions for your doctor.

First, download the clinicians manual. You may request a copy by email from this forum by sending an email to apneaboard@gmail.com and put Setup Manual in the subject line, and "Respironics PR System One BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex" in the body of the email.

Second, take a look at the Respironics Titration Protocol Guide and see how the manufacturer recommends establishing pressures for your BiPAP Auto on pages 11-12 http://www.sleepdx.respironics.com/PDF/T...otocol.pdf

This will give you a lot of knowledge about what the machine does, and how and why adjustments are made. Using this knowledge together with the data from Sleepyhead will allow you to optimize your treatment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed the settings to automatic with the low end set at 14cm; I need to reset the clock though it is set for DST and by the time I've been waking up it only shows 1 or 2 hours of data. I was better off with a dumb machine!

I am learning; in the auto mode it showed an average pressure of 15.1. I will leave it in the auto mode and when I return home from Colombia I will further educate myself. As someone suggested now that I've caught up to my travels I am sleeping better.

Thanks for the help I will keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 03:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There are a couple things you can do to better understand your machine and prepare questions for your doctor.

First, download the clinicians manual. You may request a copy by email from this forum by sending an email to apneaboard@gmail.com and put Setup Manual in the subject line, and "Respironics PR System One BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex" in the body of the email.
[/b]

Second, take a look at the Respironics Titration Protocol Guide and see how the manufacturer recommends establishing pressures for your BiPAP Auto on pages 11-12 http://www.sleepdx.respironics.com/PDF/T...otocol.pdf
In ressonse to your advice I have just downloaded it and aved it and will read momentarily to put myself to sleep witht e machine. What is Titration relationship to the subject outside the chemistry lab?

This will give you a lot of knowledge about what the machine does, and how and why adjustments are made. Using this knowledge together with the data from Sleepyhead will allow you to optimize your treatment.

Will give it a try, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Titration in chemistry and in apnea is an interesting analogy. In chemical titration we determine the concentration of a substance by adding neutralizer to cause a color shift. In sleep studies, pressure is added and the apnea, hypopnea events are observed until they are extinguished to accepted levels. Titration by pressure rather than drops, LOL.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepySteve,
I am new to Mac but not new to Sleepyhead. When I first tried to get the data off my card onto MAC I had no success. Let me tell you what I was doing, and what I tried, maybe it will work for you?

First off, be sure you are sliding your data card's safety switch to locked before putting into your Mac or any computer. I am using the Mac dowload with the BrokenGL in it's title. I don't know if that matters. My mac is a 13 inch macbook air.

I had been just clicking on the card icon on the right side of the screen, and a box would show up with the image of a data card and it would seem to be loading something but it would end up with a message saying , I can't remember exactly what, but that there was no data or some such.

Then I played around with different buttons and found that if I went to the top of the window and looked at the bar, I'd click on FILE and select IMPORT DATA (using F2 didn't work for me in Mac, none of the short cuts seem to)

Then when I clicked on that, the aforementioned box would appear again, but in a moment or two, one offering the resmed icon would appear and I'd select that yes I wanted to download from that. and from then on it's worked.

Afterwards I have to go to the finder icon on the bottom of mac screen, and go to to Remote Disk choice on left, and then to the gear icon at top of screen and select "eject disk" even though the mac doesn't have a proper eject feature like my laptop did.

Hope this could possibly help you. It is worth a try.

The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2015, 09:42 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: SleepySteve,
I am new to Mac but not new to Sleepyhead. When I first tried to get the data off my card onto MAC I had no success. Let me tell you what I was doing, and what I tried, maybe it will work for you?
The Manse Hen

Good morning Hen. Thank you for going to all that trouble in testing and reply. Thanks
I assume I answered or it was lost in this lengthy string, but I installed SHead and imported at least one day's data. That is of course not to say I have the slightest idea of how to interpret it. I'll stay with the R/T's and M.D. advice for now. Thank you for going to the trouble.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 143 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,174 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Pressure Variation with Time Heaviside 2 176 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.