Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Living in China with Obstructive Apnea
RE: Living in China with Obstructive Apnea
(03-04-2012, 07:34 PM)Gerard Wrote: The problem is following.

To obtain a APAP I need a prescription, which I have.
This prescription is made in China and translated, which will be acceptable to buy a Apap in USA. Hower, It is not allowed to ship the Apap within the Unites States. It has to be shipped directly overseas. I can understand that and that is what I want.

Resmed sales policy does not allow for Sales outside USA.
So for me it is not possible to Export a Resmed S9 out of USA.

It is a pitty for that, because it limits my choices.

welcome to the forum. the way i understand it and i could be wrong, respironics and resmed do not sell to individuals, but rather use re-sellers to sell their products. in that case the cpaps are all shipped within the united states first and not shipped directly overseas like you require. i hope i'm wrong about this. this is something you should check out carefully to stay out of legal trouble in your country. good luck.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 07:34 PM)Gerard Wrote: Resmed sales policy does not allow for Sales outside USA.
So for me it is not possible to Export a Resmed S9 out of USA.

It is a pitty for that, because it limits my choices.
Try to order the S9 AutoSet from Supplier #2, they sell new and gently used machines at much lower prices than the rest. I know about the policy but don,t give up you never know if you don,t try. As you,re gonna be self monitoring the data on the S9 AutoSet LCD screen much better than the PR System One Auto even without the software and and ResMed works out net mask leak while Respironcis is bit more complicated.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2012, 10:14 PM)Gerard Wrote: I can't choose Resmed. They have a policy that won't allow export out of USA. However Pr system one Apap is possible. I hope I can get it imported....

I will log all data and I will use software to asses my sleeping behavior on a daily basis.

Another thing is to get it imported.

Gerard, the following was posted yesterday, relevant to "importing":

(03-29-2012, 09:30 PM)abradley Wrote: I am also a happy new user with a changed life.

6 weeks ago did a home test with AHI average of 75.6!
After being on a machine for 4 weeks I am now average <2.6
I use ResMed Swift FX nasal pillows.

Here is where I have had another win and this information is for the benefit of people like me who want to purchase their own machine!!

Correct me if I am wrong but sleep apnea machines were 'invented' in Australia by ResMed – an Australian company.
Here I found some alarming facts.
1) The S9 Autoset is US$850 but in Australia is AU$1199
2) The S9 Elite is US$805 and in Australia AU$1139
So why is the Autoset so much more in the country of manufacture?
Government or greedy business? Or both??

But wait…there is more!

I didn’t need the Auto (or APAP machine) but ended up buying the following from the USA.
S9 Auto with humidifier, climate tubing, and mask for US$1281.00
In Australia the same would cost you AU$2387.00 from the manufacturing company.
Delivery cost me AU$110
So delivered it was over AU$1000 saved.

Here is another catch courtesy of the above manufacturer.

Resellers in the USA are not allowed to send any products made by this company outside the USA.
Why?
Probably to stop people buying from oversees and saving a fortune.

What I did was create a “My US” [commercial link removed per Apnea Board rules] address, had the item shipped there for free and then forward the item to me here in Australia.
No problem and delivered within 1 week from time of purchase.

Some USA stores require you to have a prescription to enable you to make a purchase…shop around they don’t all demand this. I will supply further details if requested.

Given these devices affect our health, why are we being ripped off???

If I have issues with the machine I am told I will not be able to get it fixed here. Worst case I have to send back to the USA and hire a machine to cover.

My machine delivered from the USA is marked on the back as manufactured in Australia at Bella Vista NSW.
Power supply is the same except the part that plugs into the wall is different and you can buy these for less than $10 from Dick Smith or similar. They are user swappable…no electrician required. Alternative is us a USA to Au travel converter from most supermarkets.

Play on words here…….wake up RESMED!!!
Sleep-well

ADMIN NOTE: the commercial website link has been moved into our Commercial Posts forum, HERE.

THis may be useful to you. Also, as far as I know, there is NO software which currently works on the Series 60 - neither SleepyHead NOR Encore software.

Good luck.

PS I sent you a PM today on this subject as well.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if Gerard is talking about the Series 60, the one I have, but I don't think there is software currently available to read the data. Right greatunclebill?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2012, 05:22 PM)Jenny Wrote: I don't know if Gerard is talking about the Series 60, the one I have, but I don't think there is software currently available to read the data. Right greatunclebill?

correct. at this time there is no known software. sleepyhead and encore do not work with it. i don't know what dme's and doctors are doing or if they have a different software unavailable to the public.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I got around this by registering for a USA address at a website [commercial website removed per Apnea Board rules]. They take delivery and then you forward to your address anywhere in the world.

(03-04-2012, 10:56 AM)Steven Wrote:
(03-03-2012, 10:14 PM)Gerard Wrote: I can't choose Resmed. They have a policy that won't allow export out of USA.

I am biased, but I think that the ResMed S9 AutoSet IS the best machine available.

Do you know someone in the USA who can acquire it for you & then they can ship it to you?

ADMIN NOTE: the link contained in this post is in our Commercial Posts forum, per the rules. If you'd like to see the link, go HERE.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
Let me add to this that what abradley is suggesting is perfectly legal and is done all the time.

This is very similar to what is to called a "blind shipment". It is a perfectly legal way to ship a product in this manner.

What happens is that manufacturers attempt to overly-control a market and attempt price-fixing to maximize their profits. So they set up company "policies" to prevent their authorized dealers from selling below a certain price-point in a certain market (to keep the sale price of their products high). If a dealer lowers their price to lower than the minimum price that the manufacturer sets, the manufacturer might refuse to ship product to that dealer. So, what happens many times is that the dealer will go through a third party to obtain the product in bulk quantities and re-sell it to his customers.

Very similar to what's happening here: ResMed is attempting to over-only control their prices in Australia and other countries. U.S. customers get discounted prices, while those in foreign countries can only find the product with much higher prices. ResMed enforces this policy by refusing to continue shipping product to DMEs who don't abide by their overly-controlling price-fixing. Using a middleman like the shipping service abradley has suggested is a way to get around this restrictive ResMed policy.

I personally applaud anyone who does this. ResMed is way out of bounds to try and tell an independent DME what they can and cannot do with products that they have paid for themselves. Once the DME owns a CPAP, they should be able to sell it for whatever they think the market will bear and ship it to anyone they please... and not be threatened by the CPAP manufacturer for selling at the best possible market price or to a country that's not "authorized for shipments" by ResMed.

Some might suggest that governments get involved and enforce "fair pricing" for products, but this free-market solution of using a third-party shipper seems to work quite well enough and there's no need to have new laws against monopolistic price-fixing by these manufactures.

Customers are smart and well-informed these days. They won't long stand around and have their money taken needlessly out of their pocket by large corporation that is attempting to squeeze every last dollar from the sale of their product. ResMed has a perfect right to make any policy they wish - likewise, end-users have every right to by pass those policies. Freedom for everyone involved, in other words, and let the chips fall where they may.

I applaud those who are doing this. More power to you! SHa_clap2

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2012, 09:00 PM)abradley Wrote: I got around this by registering for a USA address at a website [commercial website removed per Apnea Board rules]. They take delivery and then you forward to your address anywhere in the world.

(03-04-2012, 10:56 AM)Steven Wrote:
(03-03-2012, 10:14 PM)Gerard Wrote: I can't choose Resmed. They have a policy that won't allow export out of USA.

I am biased, but I think that the ResMed S9 AutoSet IS the best machine available.

Do you know someone in the USA who can acquire it for you & then they can ship it to you?

ADMIN NOTE: the link contained in this post is in our Commercial Posts forum, per the rules. If you'd like to see the link, go HERE.
-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

I would like to see the link. Where is it exactly? I clicked on the go HERE link, but could not find a link in that article.

My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2012, 12:21 AM)Netskier Wrote: I would like to see the link. Where is it exactly? I clicked on the go HERE link, but could not find a link in that article.

The URL is in the post. You might have to copy/paste the URL into your browser because it's not an automatic hyperlink, just a .com web address. I bolded the URL in abradley's post to make it more obvious.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2012, 09:00 PM)abradley Wrote: I got around this by registering for a USA address at a website [commercial website removed per Apnea Board rules]. They take delivery and then you forward to your address anywhere in the world.

(03-30-2012, 09:47 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Let me add to this that what abradley is suggesting is perfectly legal and is done all the time.

This is very similar to what is to called a "blind shipment". It is a perfectly legal way to ship a product in this manner.

I didn't know such a service exist but I'm glad it does. I'm also glad to hear that it is legal. There are many companies that don't like to do international shipping because they can't control the distribution chain. The ability to track a package often ends as soon as it crosses the border. I have ordered and sent several items to Germany and Switzerland and paid extra to track the packages but after it left the States, there was no more tracking information. This happened with UPS who has offices in Germany.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 772 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  New User: Obstructive Events Gone but Central Events appearing. bopbop 0 213 02-13-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  ResMed Airsense 11 - Central vs. Obstructive FlowRider 7 939 12-22-2023, 12:24 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 448 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are these actual obstructive apnea events? SleepyMcDonald 6 588 11-25-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.