Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Low AHI but Airsense 10 Autoset's 95% pressure is the max every night?
Low AHI but Airsense 10 Autoset's 95% pressure is the max every night?
So originally I was given a prescription of 6cm without titration. DME set up my autoset to 4-8cm on my s10 autoset. Few weeks later, I had my titration study. The sleep tech said that 6-7cm was a good pressure for me and I so I should leave the 4-8cm setting on my machine. I have been using it like since (almost a year), but my 95% pressure is always 8. My AHI averages around 1.

I did experiment a couple times in the past: I tried one night with 6cm-10cm, the max and 95% pressure was 10cm. I tried one night with 5cm-15cm, the max was 11.64 and the 95% was 11cm. In both those cases though the AHI remained the same range as I normally have. 0.5 to 1.5 AHI. 

So if the AHI isn't getting even better why is the machine constantly trying to give more pressure? What benefit am I getting from the extra pressure that the machine thinks I need? Should I stick to the 4-8 or start experimenting again and finding what the true 95% pressure is and base my settings around that? 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI but Airsense 10 Autoset's 95% pressure is the max every night?
Post up a few OSCAR charts and show us what's going on. Let's see what this reveals to us.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day peppyaf. Welcome to Apnea Board.

AHI is an important number but it's just one of many factors to be considered. The most likely reason the machine is increasing pressure is to limit precursors such as flow limitations and/or snoring. Your OSCAR daily chart will indicate if these are in play. If you post your daily chart here we can give you some more detailed advice. Format your page as per the instructions at this link to provide the most useful information: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Last week @ 4-8cm

Yesterday @ 6-12cm

Thanks

Also, my untreated AHI is 13 but I only slept 1-2 hours during the study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Other details: untreated ahi is 13 but only slept 1-2 hours in sleep study. 28M, not overweight.
Post Reply Post Reply
As suggested above your pressure is being driven by flow limits. EPR is the best tool you have to treat this. I suggest you set EPR=3 to treat this. Please repost after you try this and let us know how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I've tried 6-12 for two nights now and had aerophagia both nights. I almost never get it with 4-8.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because of aerophagia, and that 4-8 still resolved your obstructive Try 6-8 as that would have better impact on your flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried apap wide open 4-20 for the first time. I had the best sleep in a long time. Not sure if coincidence. Below is the screenshot, although the night doesn't look too great:

Post Reply Post Reply
An AHI of 0.87 is not to be sneezed at (especially if you're wearing the mask eeew )

I still see flow limitations in the graph and each cluster of flow limitations seems to be driving the pressure up. At the same time, you're getting large leaks as the pressure peaks - it looks to me like air is leaking out through your mouth. So working on the leaks should be a priority. At the same time I'd be inclined to edge the minimum pressure up slightly (maybe 0.5 cm at a time) to find a comfortable balance between controlling flow limits on one hand and aerophagia on the other.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.