Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Many Settings - Same Result - OSCAR Detectives take a look?
RE: Many Settings - Same Result - OSCAR Detectives take a look?
Is this what you had in mind?

I'm running out of upload quota.  How do you guys usually manage that?  Upload and link to an outside source?

Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached are 5ish minute views of the flow curve of events from the last two evenings.  Also attached are PDF files from the pulse oximetry software.

I have resized these images to reduce storage size.

Any input is welccome.  Thanks for having a look Smile

Another 3 images.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Pulse Ox - 9.4.21.pdf (Size: 112.33 KB / Downloads: 8)
.pdf   Pulse Ox - 9.5.21.pdf (Size: 102.34 KB / Downloads: 7)
Post Reply Post Reply
The oximetry reports appear to be from the Contec-50 series. If so, you can import the ".SpO2" binary data files into OSCAR to be included with your sleep data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2021, 08:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The oximetry reports appear to be from the Contec-50 series.  If so, you can import the ".SpO2" binary data files into OSCAR to be included with your sleep data.

Ah yes! It does.  The link on your profile regarding screenshots was super helpful.  I have been doing this with PRNTSCRN in windows and then tediously fine tuning the pictures in Paint.   Oh-jeez

For the next few nights I'll be running the pulseox in sync with my cpap and then upload the deep dive results Gideon was requesting.  This brings me to an important question regarding the forum:

There's a three image limit per post to (obviously) protect the server.  But I can reply to my own posts and upload an additional three images, rinse and repeat.  Because my sys admin skills are at a cave man level, I don't know if this "work around" is actually a negative for the server's expenses/capacity.  The flow limit deep dive is probably going to require more than three images.  Is replying to my own posts with additional images against the forum rules?   Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2021, 09:44 PM)Gideon Wrote: Deep Dive.
1. I want to see your nightly O2 Sats and more importantly DeSats including time at and below key values.
2. Look at a 5-minute view of the flow rate and scroll thru to document, illustrate, and count the arousals and what proceeds them
3. evaluate the above

4. then After the review increase pressure to s if we can help the cognitive issues you are reporting.

1.  Imported Pulse Ox and used the align with CPAP data setting as recommended by OSCAR.
     i. Set SpO2 Y-Axis to 90-100 for more ganular view.  Pulse Ox baseline was 96.
     ii. Can see some de-sats below 90, appear to last only a few seconds.  Do not repeatedly correlate with OA or Hypos.  Screenshot attached.
     iii. Total time in desat is 1.72% for this night.
2.  View set to 5 minutes.
     i.  14 arousals.
     ii. Cannot find a regularity to what proceeds OAs, Hypos.  Reading the the flow curve it does not appear rounded at the top as the Wiki states is ideal.

I'm not clear if I've set up the Pulse Ox correctly.  I get the sense its reporting paramters can be adjusted (baseline, what counts as a desat) and I'm unlcear if its relevant or needs fine tuning to get better data.

3.  Increase pressure to "S" ?  Would you please point me to what that is.  Is "s" a mode of some kind?

4.  Attached oodles of screenshots.

More documentation.  5 minute views as requested of each event.

Another 3.

Last 3.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your EPAP pressure is not high enough to adequately control your obstructive events - do you have your sleep study results to share where you were titrated at? Looks like you might consider increasing your EPAP / IPAP +1cmH20 per night until the light blue events disappear. For example, tonight you'd want to try EPAP 5, IPAP 10 PS 5 and if you still see prevalent obstructive events then try EPAP 6, IPAP 11 PS 5
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have set my epap / ipap at 7 / 13 and feeling a much better. I didn't realize how hard I was working to breath until I tried this setting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,038 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 226 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 239 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 292 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.