Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Watchpat suggests UARS after years of suffering. Narrow airway?
Watchpat suggests UARS after years of suffering. Narrow airway?
Hi all,

Im new here. Found the forum the way I find all forums. Frantically googling to learn more about what could be causing my crushing fatigue,  dizziness, inability to take a deep breath,  air hunger, low blood pressure, low cortisol, adhd symptoms and diagnosis, depression,  anxiety,  lump in throat sensation, throat tension, headaches, sore throats,  waking up like I have awoken from the dead somehow.

Im in the uk and got a watchpat study and have attached the results. In my quest to find out whats wrong with me I got private MRIs and poured over them. I have taken a look at my airway and it measures 3.5mm to 4mm when measuring.

Ive been reading about jaw surgery etc I do have a narrow palette but I also have a loss of spinal curve probably through my degenerative disc disease. It looks to me like restoration of the curve would pull the airway wider? Or is it my jaw or just soft tissue? 

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Im hoping I finally have my answer

It says I can add 3 photos but only seems to let me add one

MRI screenshot as it wouldnt let me add to original post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Watchpat suggests UARS after years of suffering. Narrow airway?
Can you post the event summary page that shows us RDI / AHI etc. Are you already using cpap?
Post Reply Post Reply
Im not using cpap yet but going to. I get ahead of myself and am looking to be aware of probable difficulties I'll need to overcome to optimise.  Here is the other info

And the positional data

And the positional data

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Rebdr, a lot of flow restriction is positional, and that can occur in any sleep position. It mainly involves chin-tucking, or a poor alignment of the head and neck that partially or fully obstructs the upper airway. There may be some things you can try ahead of CPAP therapy. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I'll look into that. I recorded myself sleeping last night and a few times previous and didnt see any chin tucking but definitely worth a shot! A lot of waking up gasping and shifting position. I was also looking for any evidence of PLM as I get severe restless legs before sleep but I didn't see any. Unless the head moving first can also count as it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Maybe UARS? Overnight Ox Results Nospoons 2 101 04-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Nospoons
Question Pressure Settings for UARS Mild Apnea, Airsense 10 risherwood 3 102 04-26-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: risherwood
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 3 132 04-25-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: nicchamilton
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 19 717 04-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: ewriter
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 133 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 392 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,208 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.