Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Fast CPAP Pressure
Fast CPAP Pressure
Hello again guy's, Slept well with my CPAP, 7 hours!, At some stage though during the night i woke not fully but enough to hear the Pressure going really fast, it was like it was pumping air at a fierce speed. Is this because of an Event? I think i was kinda breathing fast and it was keeping up with me, it sounded like that. Then as i was waking up properly, it was like very little pressure very quite.

Would this be a normal kind of pattern or something i am doing wrong. My mask felt comfortable although i had to do a bit of adjusting a couple of times.

Would appreciate any of your thoughts thanks.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fast CPAP Pressure
Sometimes when the machine spools up to treat an aepnic event, the increased pressure can wake some people up.

Sleepyhead (machine brand agnostic) and EncoreBasic (Respironics) software are both free and will show you exactly what is going on with your treatment through the night.

If it was that, you would be able to see the aepnic event, the pressure spool up and would be able to see if that is what was going on.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fast CPAP Pressure
(05-15-2015, 12:05 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Sometimes when the machine spools up to treat an aepnic event, the increased pressure can wake some people up.

Sleepyhead (machine brand agnostic) and EncoreBasic (Respironics) software are both free and will show you exactly what is going on with your treatment through the night.

If it was that, you would be able to see the aepnic event, the pressure spool up and would be able to see if that is what was going on.

OMMOHY

Hi there, and thanks for advising me, yeah it felt like it was really working hard, i must have had an event because i felt the machine was trying to push in the air and at a fast rate. I will get sleepyhead.

We'll see what happens tonight!

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 237 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 278 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 448 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 181 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 404 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Questions about CPAP pressure algorithms about apnea charlie4691 5 580 12-27-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.