Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need help finding the right pressure.
RE: Need help finding the right pressure.
I don't understand why I'm getting positional apneas. Everything is unchanged, my mattress and sheets are the same, my pillow is flat. 
I own 3 cervical collars, 3", 4" and 3.5". The one I'm currently wearing is this 3.5 one 
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61waimIY4JL.jpg
There's no way my chin could even reach my chest. 
I also wear a sleep backpack, same as this one here
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61m6..._QL80_.jpg
It keeps me on my side and it's impossible for me to roll over on my back. Though I do wake up every night and flip to the right side. Maybe I should stay on the left? 
I really can't think of anything else that could help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to a pressure of 11/13 to test something. I realized I always flip to my right side after waking up once so I decided to stay on my left side. After my first wake up I went to the bathroom and went back to bed on my left side. 
Unfortunately the results are the same as usual. It seems my OAs get worse after waking up in the middle of the night. 
I can't think of anything else that could help, I feel like I'm doing everything that I can and nothing is working.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my results from last night. I tried having a gap of about 5 to see if maybe I'd see a difference but it's still about the same. I also wore a nasal mask, a MirageFX. 
I was told on the sleep apnea reddit that I have Rem related sleep apnea and the best thing to do would be to increase the pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's an interesting update
I posted my results to someone on Reddit and I was told that I don't have any obstructions or flattening of breath. These are paused breaths marked as apneas and I should keep my settings as they are. 
Here are all the events (OAs and Hypopneas) I had last night, same as the charts in the previous post above. 
https://imgur.com/a/3iu4lcV
What is your opinion on this?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was really wondering about my recent results. I was told on Reddit by a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist that my results are fine and that all those OAs are actually something called post arousal pauses, which are being registered as OAs. 
I still don't feel good though and I know these things take time, but I wanted to get a second opinion since I'm still not too sure. 
The most recent chart is the one with the AHI of 5.17 and for the first time I wore nasal pillows, a Resmed P10. 
Should I keep my pressure like this or am I really having OAs? 

https://imgur.com/a/pXHm73Z
Post Reply Post Reply
So recently I was able to acquire a Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto for a really good price. The problem is I don't know much about the settings. There's an S mode and a VAuto mode. I used S mode for the past few nights using 13/9 and got a lot of unclassified apneas. Maybe it's due to the new nasal pillows I got, which is why I'll switch back to nasal mask and see if I notice any difference. It might be because I'm not used to them yet.
I was reading about people's experiences on the Aircurve and VAuto seems to be the preferred mode. Which settings should I start out with? 
Would a Max IPAP of 25 and a Min EPAP of 7 be good? I'm kind of basing that off of what people usually recommend when starting APAP. I'll keep the PS at 4 since that's the usual recommendation.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my first time trying out VAuto. What would be the best pressure based off these results? And should I keep the PS the same or should I change it? I slept with the usual stuff: backpack, collar, thin pillow.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are two charts from a few weeks ago. 
I'm really struggling to find out why my sleep was really good in the first chart and bad in the second. Everything was exactly the same, besides changing to static pressure, but I still had lots of apneas on the second chart. Even after waking up in my first chart my sleep was fine. 
Recently I've been thinking my sleep is so bad due to anxiety or stress. That could be why I move around so much and wake up frequently. I got prescribed trazodone and now generic seroquel but I still wake up and my AHI is the same as usual, around 3-6. That first chart with the 0.48 AHI was before any of those medications. 
It's really frustrating how I've been at this for almost 2 years and I'm not a centimeter close to feeling any better. I'm currently on VAuto 25/10 with a PS of 4, like the first chart, but I was only lucky for that one night. 
https://imgur.com/a/mxmXUFW
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding the Correct Mask snpperhd 6 181 04-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: snpperhd
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 285 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,115 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 632 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 701 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,009 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help finding my Bipap machine taken by mistake on airline orthoal 6 642 06-16-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: orthoal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.