Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need help finding the right pressure.
RE: Need help finding the right pressure.
I also use n OTC collar but mine is 3" high. Are you using the 2.5' collar in the link you posted? you may need a higher collar. They come in 2.5, 3, and 3,5". Here is a link for the 3".   https://www.amazon.com/Truform-OTC-Cervi...r=1-5&th=1
They do get soft and need to be replaced every 12-18 months.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, looking at my past order I do use a 2.5 collar. Thanks for the link though, I just ordered the 3'. I'm sure the problem was the height. I'll be sure to post my results around this week when the collar arrives. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope that works out for you. It's my best guess. Be thinking of other things that may be causing the positional apnea.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, I'm back. I took awhile cause it took about a week for the collar to arrive and it turns out they sent the wrong one (2.5, which I already had). I decide to buy a 3' one off Amazon and then a 3.5' just to be sure and test out. Last night I used 3.5' and slept well with it. As for my results... I'm not sure if I still have clusters or not but it doesn't look good. Maybe I need a pressure change?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I was wondering how I'm doing in these charts. I'm only posting a few days since I just got through being sick. Last night I worked a 14 hour shift and fell asleep without a cpap for the first few hours so I'm not posting that one. Should I up my pressure or stay on it? I seem to be doing well after getting a cervical collar, seem to be much less clusters. Anything I could do to improve?

Post Reply Post Reply
This is a pretty remarkable improvement! I had my doubts when looking at February 8. What happened?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I started wearing a soft cervical collar! Sometimes a 3' and sometimes 3.5'. I forget which days I wore which but I usually wear 3.5' just in case. I still haven't felt any much of a difference but I do know it takes time for some people. I also turned off EPR since I know that makes my AHI rise.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are my charts from a few days ago and I'm not sure what's going on. 
The first two I wore my soft cervical collar and even so I got a few clusters on Thursday. The next day was the same and I got a very few obstructions, but also less sleep because of my work schedule. I don't even know if I should post last night's results, but I woke up at around 4 hours into turning my machine on and noticed my collar was off, so I put it back on. Even then after that I managed to get a good amount of obstructions. Pretty sure around the 6:45 - 8:15 mark is where I had my collar off. 
Is there anything else I could be doing to get rid of the OAs? I'm upping my min pressure up by 1 every few days to see if that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Flow limitations look a bit high, so let's bring in a bit of EPR, Set EPR=1, Fulltime.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I leave my pressure at 9 min or should I lower or raise it? 
And alright, I'll set my EPR to 1 and see how that works out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding the Correct Mask snpperhd 6 191 04-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: snpperhd
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 288 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,129 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 635 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 702 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,019 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help finding my Bipap machine taken by mistake on airline orthoal 6 647 06-16-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: orthoal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.