Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need help on pressure settings
Need help on pressure settings
Hello,

Ok......I have severe sleep apnea. Its been a while since my sleep study and I can not find my recommended pressure settings. I know that my results show my AHI index was in the 60's. I purchased a S9 machine locally and set it on a pressure of 10.0. After a week the machine is showing the following results.
Leak .28l
AHI 17.8
AI 11.0
HI 6.8

Now from what Ive read I need to get an AHI reading as close to or under 5 if possible? Im sure I need to increase the pressure.....any suggestions on a setting or how much I should try and increase it at a time?

Thanks for any help!! :-)
Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help on pressure settings
well you should use some software, as without it you may not be able to tell which of the AI are obstructive and which are clear airway events.
the software can show you how the machine is responding to them as well.
does your model of S9 have a data card?
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which S9 machine? It should say something near the power button. (Not EPR, something else)
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!! It says Elite 2 AND epr.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rjlarge,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops......made a mistake.....Its NOT an S9 its the older S8 Elite 2.......
Post Reply Post Reply
The S8 is a little problematic regarding data and software. It requires a proprietary card and a proprietary card reader. The cards are not too expensive but the reader is. The problem may be finding them. You can look on Amazon for the SD cards. I am not sure what has happened to the person in Israel that was selling the card readers. If you really want to pursue this you might be better off buying a lightly used S9 machine like an S9 Elite. Check with Supplier #2 on the supplier list. You might also want to consider taking the not too expensive step up to an S9 Autoset. There is also Craig's list but be careful and make sure you know what you are buying.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information!! I'll check it out :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 364 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 317 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 363 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.