Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need immediate help. [adjusting to different machine]
Gross 
Need immediate help. [adjusting to different machine]
First post. Need some help for today. I. Have an S8 Elite 2 that shows a mask leak and it's old. Mask is not leaking. Machine erasing data after several days and can't show compliance. I got a used machine that's way newer than mine but still used. I planned to use it for 30 compliance report. It is basically the same machine. Resmed s8 vpap s. It's set to cpap with all my same cpap settings. Low 9 high 11.6. Epr 2. Epr return low/ med. 
  After 2 days the machine show ai or ail at 2.5 I think. Both days woke up with ringing ears. Went away. I bumped the machine down .3 and today feel tired with 8 hrs sleep. 1st day was also a little tired also. What's going on. I need to adjust this thing better to last me for 30 day then I'll get a new machine. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need immediate help.
I didn't get any answers so I bumped the 9 to 9.4 and 11.6 to 11.8. I'll try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Hellodare. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quote:I need to adjust this thing better to last me for 30 day then I'll get a new machine.

Why wait? The problem with your current machines is that they don't easily provide the data needed to optimise your therapy. I know they are data capable, but require a proprietary data card which is very difficult to find, and a matching proprietary card reader. If you do have the card and reader, get hold of a copy of ResScan and interrogate the results - you can attach the charts to your next post and somebody will be able to advise you. You can get the program here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm kind of stuck. I MUST HAVE 30 days usage data in the next 40 days. If no new machine shows up this week I'll be stuck on this thing for 3 more weeks.

I can view current data now as I'm using it. More advanced than my s8 elite ii
Post Reply Post Reply
I travel a lot and I don't know how durable the s10 autoset is. I don't use humidifier away from home. I'd like to use the s8 vpap s in cpap mode for travel and leave the good one at home. Just have to get it to work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a new user myself but a couple of thoughts occurred to me. If they aren't helpful, I apologize.

1 - can you rent a better machine for the 30 days?

2 - that seems like an awfully narrow pressure range, even with EPR. I use an APAP and the range it provides (from my use data) is 4-14. With the ringing ears, I would have suspected the pressure was too high - in a perfect world, of course, the pressure settings on every machine would give exactly the same breathing experience, but ...

3 - after you lowered the pressure and woke up feeling tired, did your machine data show more or fewer apnea/hypopnea events?
Post Reply Post Reply
Under 4 2nd day. Don't know what 1st day is. Been reading here instead of sleeping. Trying to get new machine this week. But I never know what this Dme will do.

Hypopnia shows as what ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Machine running 9.8 to 11.7 as I'm sitting here breathing. I think the 9 was to low. It's in cpap mode. The 9.8 is probably from the Epr 2 setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry, hopefully someone familiar with your machine and software can answer how hypopneas will show. On my Apex software, there are lines for apneas and hypopneas per hour on the Detail page.

If you don't get a better suggestion, you might consider trying the apap mode if your machine has it and if your doctor thinks it would be advisable. Even if you decide that you don't like it, the range it shows was necessary to keep you breathing may help you find the right settings to use on *this* machine.

And clearly you are not the only person reading messages instead of going to sleep. 2:16 am here. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 104 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 228 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 425 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,287 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,181 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 573 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 7 888 07-25-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.