Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need immediate help. [adjusting to different machine]
RE: Need immediate help. [adjusting to different machine]
Maybe that night. It was hot in the room and I did sleep for a long time. Strange bed in motel. I'll check it in am if I'm up before noon but I don't think I will be. It will be gone. I dont have a chin strap but I do have duck tape ha ha. Thanks for all the help so far. What would be an acceptable leak at l/s?
Post Reply Post Reply
You want to your leak rate to be below .4 l/s. Anything at or above .4ls will hamper treatment and your machines ability to detect apnea events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did some adjusting. Epr fast. Epr 1. Lowered pressure to 11.2. Feel much better but had a high leak rate. An ai under 1 but ahi was 15. Its and s8. What's going on here? I'm about to give up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a lot of hypopnea. I can sometimes address that with EPR or pressure, but it would help to take a look at it. Feeling better counts more than the numbers, and it sounds like you might be on a better path.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I get ahi down
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 10:07 PM)Hellodare Wrote: How do I get ahi down

Post your latest daily graph from sleepyhead.

We need to see the detailed graphs to provide advice
Post Reply Post Reply
No card reader
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe you should look at a different replacement machine the S8 you have listed is getting a bit long in the tooth. With a newer Resmed machine you can use a standard sd card reader availiable from Amazon for less than $10
Post Reply Post Reply
S8 is just temporary. Trying to stay rested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bad days. It's just not cutting it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 149 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,217 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 1,021 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 505 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 174 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 266 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 464 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.