Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need opinions on my flow rate please
RE: Need opinions on my flow rate please
The past 2 nights I’ve been pulling my mask off without realizing it (F30i). My girl caught me last night and convinced me to leave it on. I have no recollection of her doing that either. Going back to the P30i and taping mouth. I guess my girl and I can text back and forth if she needs to talk about something after a get my mask on. The P30i has giving me the best results so far keeping flow limitations at bay using no more than 13 cm of pressure. While at the same time keeping all the other charts acceptable also. Especially AHI consistently being under 1. The problem is if a nostril becomes completely clogged it becomes a nightmare. Air blowing back from a sealed pillow because it can’t get up there at all. Or if I don’t put the tape on straight it’ll end up peeling at the end. I’m determined to find an allergy med combo to fix this.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a bit off topic from my therapy. I have a question for the guys that know what they are talking about if I could please. The following long message in quotes is something that I said in another forum and I got told I pulled it out of a “dark stinky orifice” by someone on another forum, very classy indeed smh. These are all things I’ve heard from those in the know on this forum, pulmonologists and respiratory techs. Am I totally off base saying all this?.... “18 L/min is a pretty good leak even though it says it’s good. The myAir app will only say adjust after you hit 24L/min and won’t give you the red frowny face until you stay at that level for 30% of the session. All that said, that noise your wife is hearing more than likely is coming from your leaking mask. 18L/min is making your machine run that much harder and isn’t too far off from the 24 L/min that it can’t keep up with. But the most important part is your therapy is more than likely being compromised at 18 L/min. For me personally my flow rate waveform starts to distort at around 12 L/min. Which makes sense because that is the highest you should allow your leaks to get on a regular basis. Always aim for hardly any leaks to get the most out of your therapy and make any necessary adjustments if it spikes over 12. If the mask needs to be tightened till it hurts to achieve that it’s time to trial new masks until you find one that seals better for you. Masks are very personal and just because someone else loves it it may not be what’s right for you. After typing all that I just double checked what mask you have. I bet it’s coming from your mouth. The chin strap is holding your mouth closed yes but the air is still rushing out from between your teeth and is hissing. I had the same problem with mouth leak not hissing though. My solution was mouth taping. Some are against it but I am for it since it enables me to use pillows which give me optimal therapy. Hope this helps I hope you can get this under control.”
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds inline with what I'd think, despite my not setting actual values on my leak rates. Obvious that ResMed 24L/m so that's definite. I keep mine as minimum percentage wise as possible. Nevertheless, you've not said anything I'd argue with. Sounds like Moe might be misinformed a bit, especially in light that they're not here.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2019, 06:31 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sounds inline with what I'd think, despite my not setting actual values on my leak rates. Obvious that ResMed 24L/m so that's definite. I keep mine as minimum percentage wise as possible. Nevertheless, you've not said anything I'd argue with. Sounds like  Moe might be misinformed a bit, especially in light that they're not here.

This was on another forum. The one associated with Supplier #1 I believe. I just erased as much of my profile as I could since I can’t delete it. I have enough going on without having to deal with those types. That’s what I like about this forum. If you’re wrong someone politely steps in and corrects which not only doesn’t make the OP uncomfortable but also adds to your knowledge and understanding of your own cpap journey. One of them said in so many words that “he has to deal with fools like me who give people dangerous information”. I didn’t know giving people info on leaks was dangerous lol. People wonder why I’m not a people person lol. Too many of those types lol. Anyway thanks for the response SarcasticDave. Since I’m new at this I started to doubt that I was right after that unnecessary ridiculousness
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2019, 06:48 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 06:31 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sounds inline with what I'd think, despite my not setting actual values on my leak rates. Obvious that ResMed 24L/m so that's definite. I keep mine as minimum percentage wise as possible. Nevertheless, you've not said anything I'd argue with. Sounds like  Moe might be misinformed a bit, especially in light that they're not here.

This was on another forum. The one associated with Supplier #1 I believe. I just erased as much of my profile as I could since I can’t delete it. I have enough going on without having to deal with those types. That’s what I like about this forum. If you’re wrong someone politely steps in and corrects which not only doesn’t make the OP uncomfortable but also adds to your knowledge and understanding of your own cpap journey. One of them said in so many words that “he has to deal with fools like me who give people dangerous information”. I didn’t know giving people info on leaks was dangerous lol. People wonder why I’m not a people person lol. Too many of those types lol. Anyway thanks for the response SarcasticDave. Since I’m new at this I started to doubt that I was right after that unnecessary ridiculousness

The style and methods are different from one board to another CPAP-talk can be blunt at times but not necessary wrong, here we have a more understanding style here. Horses for courses. I suspect the noise being heard is mouth leaking but without graphs difficult to tell
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=17836]

Anyone know what's driving this very gradual and small pressure increase?
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at your mask pressure, it may be more clear, but it is your single Obstructive apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2019, 05:15 PM)bonjour Wrote: Look at your mask pressure, it may be more clear, but it is your single Obstructive apnea.

[attachment=17840]

It looks like the mask pressure on exhale wasn't the same as exhale on pressure then it stabilized after the event. I was awake for 3/4 of the time before the obstructive if that matters at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=18047][attachment=18046]

Hi everyone, could someone take a look at these two zoomed screenshots please. I'm trying to learn more about the flow rate waveform. Do the exhales look like I'm flow limited or are they completely normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks pretty much perfect to me!  Big Grin
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 2 110 2 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 934 Yesterday, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 829 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 103 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 428 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 333 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 297 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.