Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need opinions on my flow rate please
RE: Need opinions on my flow rate please
I don't think a different machine is going to do anything for you unless you can demonstrate a tolerance for EPR up to 3 (PS 3). The next step for you would be a bilevel. The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto has some adjustments that can influence CA events like trigger sensitivity, but unless you can show a tolerance for the smaller pressure support available from your current machine, I think the benefits of bilevel would be lost. The reason I suggested EERS was that we have observed both a reduction in CA and improvement in tidal volume with those that have used it. Unfortunately, most users have to DIY the system because it is not in widespread use in the medical community.

No problems with increasing pressure. Take it slow and be aware of "how you feel".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It being a diy is why I’m leaving it as a last resort if slowly working my way up to EPR 3 fails. Rebreathing co2 is safe at that rate but I’m still in the habit of shutting my machine off without realizing it without taking my mask off which wouldn’t be good at all with that setup. I feel much better exhausting all other avenues before doing that.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you though I do appreciate you trying to rid me off centrals while still being able to exhale normally
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=17205]

Well after a couple nights with last night being the night I bumped it up to a minimum of 8cmH2O while still on EPR 2 this is the result! The first OA I was still awake so that's nothing and the last 2 OA's I just woke up to my alarm. So that just leaves those 2 pesky centrals at 20 secs and 14 secs respectfully. Those 2 leak spikes are just me getting the pillows settled and the small continuous leak was the mouth tape loosening a bit. I'd still like to reduce those flow limitations some more but I'm more than pleased with last nights results. That said I think I'm gonna stay at these settings for a week or 2 and see if any centrals I get shorten before going to EPR 3 but I may up the minimum pressure a cm or 2 to see if I can't get that flow limitation to flatten out some more. Can't thank you guys enough for all your info and guidance. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well look at you! I think you are right to stick with where you are for a while before making any changes. Those two CAs are nothing to worry about at all. While you settle in with the current settings, you may have more CAs some nights and fewer other nights. That's why people say they are consistently inconsistent. So unless something really dramatic happens, just keep on keepin' on. Congratulations on these good results!
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks very good there. If it helps you feel more rested, I'd leave it as is. Congrats on the good numbers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would chase symptoms, not numbers. Your numbers are extremely good. Essentially everyone has a few events most nights. SO IMHO how do you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great! Not much to change here, and your patience shows us once again, that it pays to wait until treatment settles in and establishes a trend. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone! Bonjour I felt great all day. The only reason I’m exhausted now is even though my machine was on for 6 hours I only got 4 1/2 of actual sleep. I’m going to leave everything right where it is for at least 2 weeks and even then I’m just going to bump EPR to 3 to make my exhale that much easier. Unless my centrals come back with a vengeance then back to 2 I’ll go  I’ve decided to leave the minimum at 8 unless that chart tells me different in that time span
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=17346]

Even though it’s going good so far I thought I would have them email my sleep study anyway just to check it out. My centrals were not treatment emergent. No wonder I had a high number of centrals and then longer duration when I went to EPR 3! They have subsided though. I had zero centrals last night with min 9 max 20 with EPR 3 so I guess they cleared up on there own. But since I had them before treatment should I still have a serious talk with my doc about ASV or only do that if they come back? I had to crop the screenshot to bring the file size down. It came in an email so I’d have to upload the pdf and I know most are leery of downloading random pdf’s. They only sent an hour worth of charts so I didn’t include that. If anyone wants the pdf I’ll send it in another quick post
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 7 218 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 16 43 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 301 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 114 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.