Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need opinions on my flow rate please
RE: Need opinions on my flow rate please
At least Dr. Duck's office is next to a good coffee shop or it wouldn't be worth the trip.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mmummm coffee! That’s exactly what I’m about to do. Especially after finding Mr. Frowny Face. The pillows haven’t cooperated the past few nights finally ending with Mr. Frowny last night. It may be the mouth tape but I’m not sure. I’m gonna take a look at my sleep app and see if my movement matches up to my large leaks. Still have to wait for the machine to send the data out to my doc then I’ll take the sd card out and take a look
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a suggestion based strongly on personal pet peeve:

Frowny or Smiley, I'm guessing on air leak via machine, is OK but not really informative. I rely on OSCAR graphs even for air leak data when I look. BTW despite some therapy issues, I no longer crunch numbers daily, but for several months as a newbie I did while getting tweaks done to optimize settings. Not saying you can't look, actually do so if there's things you're working on.

Smiley and Frowny designed to make you feel good or bad IMO. Maybe dump them with the used coffee grounds...

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice SarcasticDave. Has anyone ever had a session not record on the sd card but still came through on the myair app? For those with resmed machines that is? The only session is my hour nap yesterday at 3. My concern is if that keeps happening my compliance is gonna fall off a cliff when I’m actually compliant. The sd card was in the machine. I took it out and put it in the computer and only my hour nap is on there.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you downloaded the nap into oscar, then tried to download the rest of the night, you won't see the rest of the night. the solution is to purge the day's data, i.e., the nap, & download from the sd card again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, worked perfect
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a question. As long a my tidal volume is around 500, my resp. rate between 12 and 20 And minute vent is between 6 and 9, a relatively shallow flow rate is acceptable correct? Generally speaking
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm learning more about these topics myself. My comment is open for correction. The numbers you mention seem to be OK, but I think oxygen levels should be considered too or we're missing some puzzle pieces to know what's going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t think I had any desaturation. I woke up feeling great the past 2 days. But I should get a meter on amazon. In fact I’ll do that right after typing this. By shallow I mean my numbers for that time period were between 25 and 32 on either side of zero on the flow rate chart. I tried googling average flow rate but came up with nothing wording it several different ways. I should’ve mentioned the numbers in my last post
Post Reply Post Reply
After looking at the prices I don’t wanna know that bad lol. I feel great! If I felt bad still I’d buy it but I don’t. Unless someone says different then I will. I’ll post a screenshot when I get home around 4 pm EST
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 82 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 255 5 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 308 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 112 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.