Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Needing help with pressure setting on APAP.
RE: Needing help with pressure setting on APAP.
(02-15-2023, 11:29 PM)Gideon Wrote: You had 3.1 central AHI in Rem sleep and 0.7 in non-Rem.  So you have some centrals on your diagnostic.  That Means these are most likely not TECA and of unknown origin or idiopathic at this time.  This means the action recommended by myself and others will most likely not reduce your CAI below what it is on your EPR1 chart (Reddit).

Still turn off EPR and see if we get lucky.

Also be aware that central apneas show up up with what we call a consistently inconsistent frequency.  In other words CAI often jumps all over the place unless you are treating it with a machine that is designed to treat centrals such as an ASV.  Having a CAI of over 5 is one of the criteria for getting an ASV

Thank you so much for this helpful information. I turned EPR off last night and adjusted pressure setting to 5 to 15. My AHI was 5.82 with 4.31 being CA and 1.40 being OA. Should I go forward with these same settings for a while? They seem to be my lowest AHI so far while on APAP. Also should I be contacting my sleep doctor regarding these CAs I am getting? Or maybe wait a while to see if they resolve then reach out? I appreciate your time assisting me, thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Needing help with pressure setting on APAP.
You are not complaining about the min of 5. Most adults need or want more. This is a comfort issue. Feel free to try 4, your numbers seem to be ok for it so it will be a mostly subjective choice, which feels better.

Try a max=9 to artificially lower your pressure and maybe help the centrals, otherwise set to 20, the machines max.

I don't think either of these changes or time will significantly improve the centrals. Why? I expect to see 3 +/- 2 based on those present during your diagnostic study.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 154 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.