Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New AirSense 10 Auto User-Need Help w/initial Pressure Min/Max Settings
RE: New AirSense 10 Auto User-Need Help w/initial Pressure Min/Max Settings
I'm glad the chin strap is working for you! Ultimately that is what matters. Sleeprider's suggestions are awesome as always. I would follow them to the letter. I'm sure your results will get even better after you fine tune them a bit more though already things are looking pretty good!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Sleeprider.

I'll change those EPR and min/max settings changes tonight and give it a shot.

Yes, I bought some antibacterial filters that fit between the mask tube and Airsense tube.
I have patient access on and Essentials set to plus.

I had a feeling my main problem was Central Apnea since I knew I would gasp for air after not breathing before the machine all the time.
When you say it would be interesting to see it closer, I can upload my data to a zip file or if you give me a timeline to zoom in on flow rate and mask pressure, I'll zoom in on that and post some more screen shots.

Thanks for the advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
2 minute segments to see what is going on at 13:36 and your quietest breathing at 13:56 might be interesting.  This is a very short 38 minute session, were you asleep?  Is the time correct, as it looks like an afternoon nap? If you have charts from a longer session when you know you are asleep, those might be more useful

[Image: 83J7NQ2l.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Sleeprider,

ya, I think that was from a nap in the afternoon. After I noticed that, I reposted from my actual sleep of last night 1AM-7:20AM. Here they are again.

[Image: YmLhjvMl.jpg]
[Image: is4SiKkl.jpg] [Image: HOHt60ql.jpg] 
[Image: prViF9Yl.jpg]
 [Image: I4gl95cl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
That's more what I would expect. I don't see any reason to change the previous suggestions. We will see if the new minimum pressure increases obstruction or flow limits, but I think it should be pretty comfortable for you.

Mode APAP
minimum 9.0
maximum 14.0
EPR full time at 1.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I dont have any data from last night because I left my SD card at work.
I also messed up the min setting and moved it to 10 instead of 9.
Here's the stats that the website and machine's Sleep Report gave me though.
Looks like I had the least Events per hour thus far!

Settings:
Mode APAP
minimum 10
maximum 14.0
EPR full time at 1.0

Results:
Hours of Sleep: 7:05
Mask Seal 20/20
Events per hour: 4.9
Mask on/off: 3 times. I know I woke up an took it off twice to get something to drink and use the bathroom. 3rd time was likely when my alarm went off.

These maybe cumulative on the Airsens machine's Sleep report:
Pressure: 13.2
Leak: 20L/min
AHI: 6.1
Total AI: 5.1
Central AI: 3.6

I will try the same settings or move min pressure to 9 tonight so I can provide some graphs tomorrow.
Put my SD card in my wallet so I dont forget it this time...
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep report lets you set a 1-day, 7-day or 30-day period. Looks like we might be on te right track.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to check in with last night's results. My nose was much clearer than normal for some reason last night so I used my Airfit P10 instead of the Amara View Full Face I had been using and my EPH dropped to an all time low of 3.1! Not bad for my 1 week anniversary of CPAP Smile Needless to say, I've been feeling good all day. Work has been super busy so I haven't had time to keep up with the SD card and importing data over to Sleepy Head the past few days, but will definitely get a fresh set of data this weekend.

BTW-I'm thinking of adding an Oxygen Concentrator into my setup Airsense 10 Auto with a Climate Line Oxy Tube.
Any suggestions on what would be a good, compatible, and affordable unit? I was considering buying a Yuwell Portable Home & Travel Oxygen Bar Machine Portable Concentrator from Amazon since it was less than $600 and has good reviews. Only thing is it doesn't have Pulse, only Continuous air flow. I am guessing the Climate Line and AirSense would be handling that anyways so a Pulse mode isn't really needed. Any advice would be appreciated. I know some of those concentrators can get really expensive so I will check Craiglist, Ebay ect for used ones if someone knows of a really great one, but is expensive.

Thanks for all the great advice and helping me reach 3.1 EPH Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a barely used Everflo Q for $250 so picking that up now. Hopefully, that will be compatible with the ClimateLine Oxy. Any advice on what settings to set it to would be greatly appreciated!

Happy weekend everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2017, 09:37 PM)Beej Wrote: Sorry. No phone apps with Rescan, nor Sleepyhead.
That said, SleepyHead can export your data in CSV, and you can upload and use that in spreadsheet apps if you're so inclined.

I have never fully embraced CPAP but I think I will give it a try again.   I have an Airsense 10 .   Is it pretty simple to just get data from the SD card and import it into Sleepyhead.  I guess if I can more than 5 hours a night perhaps I can post and get some feedback.  My insurance sucks until January , I may do another sleep study when my better insurance kicks in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 461 43 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,573 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 449 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.