Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New AirSense 10 Auto User-Need Help w/initial Pressure Min/Max Settings
RE: New AirSense 10 Auto User-Need Help w/initial Pressure Min/Max Settings
The P10 is the smaller interface,  TRY that and see if that works, often a mouth breather will breath thru the nose when under PAP pressure.

If that doesn't work TRY the FFM,  My Avatar is me in a Amara View FFM.  
My every day mask is a P10 with my lips taped, and yes it works with a beard.

The Mask Primer in my sig is a wiki article on all (ok most) things to do with a mask.  read what the vendors say about fitting a mask you are going to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well feel fortunate. With expedited shipping from Amazon, I spent $950 between the machine, 2 masks and the heated tubing.

What pressure did you use? I'm going w/min max 8-20 as prior post rec'd. Are you also mainly a mouth breather and is your mask a full face, nose or nosal pillow? Did the release of pressure on exhale work well? I set that to highest setting of 3 for the beginning.
Hoping I don't suffer any uncomfort and wake up like you did. Tonight will be my 1st night on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2017, 02:12 PM)Orionsnet Wrote: Well feel fortunate. With expedited shipping from Amazon, I spent $950 between the machine, 2 masks and the heated tubing.

What pressure did you use? I'm going w/min max 8-20 as prior post rec'd. Are you also mainly a mouth breather and is your mask a full face, nose or nosal pillow? Did the release of pressure on exhale work well? I set that to highest setting of 3 for the beginning.
Hoping I don't suffer any uncomfort and wake up like you did. Tonight will be my 1st night on it.

Hi Orinonset - I assume this was a reply to me. yeah, i did well, mostly through research and Craigslist, and a lot of trust. Actually, with a new hose and mask it was closer to 475.

I used 6 - 15, but still had AHI of almost 6, so I'm looking forward to help from the kind people here. I'm going to post links to last night's screenshots under my own thread (already in process) - that might be of interest. I can't post the link until I have 4 posts - and I think this counts as one more!!

keep in touch - we're on the same path.
Post Reply Post Reply
You've gotten some great advice here already gcritchley. I highly recommend posting screenshots or Imgur links to your data from Sleepyhead. It will really help the fine folks dial in your settings for you. My own Airsense 10 Autoset has made a big difference in my own life and I am sure it will in yours too. Just be patient and give yourself time to get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Atilla - I posted last night's pics under my thread. Didn't want to hijack. thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops...I guess my post was directed at the both of you but Orionsnet actually started this thread. My apologies Orionsnet. Consider my post above a 2 fer even though I forgot to include your name as the thread starter!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2017, 11:27 AM)Orionsnet Wrote: Thanks for the advice. My coworker also said he turned Ramp off on his like Bonjour recommended. I set it last night to 5-15, but will change to 8-20 when I get home. I was just worried it may wake me up feeling like a hurricane was blowing through my nose if it autos up to 20.

I'm also downloading and installing sleepyhead and going to read about it so I can atleast be somewhat familiar with what I'm looking at post initial Sleep report. However, I will certainly post the result here as well.

Anyone have advice on which of those 2 masks I should stick with or try 1st? I bought the Airfit P10 and Amara View Full Face. From what my coworker said he advised the Airfit since it is just a nasal pillow and stated whether I use a nasal or full mask, the air will always be coming in through my nose and I'll be exhaling from my mouth if anything. This is something I will just have to get used to since I'm a mouth breather mainly due to having a deviated septum that causes one side of my nose to always be stuffed up.

The pressure should only go up as high as needed to resolve events and flow limits.  Some people do need a maximum pressure to prevent the machine from going excessively high.  As soon as we see what your results are, we can discuss a cap on pressure. 

You should keep the mask that works, and makes you most comfortable.  I'm partial to the nasal pillows, but if that doesn't work out, you have an alternative. I'm pretty sure you will enjoy being able to breathe through your nose in spite of the deviated septum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries, Marillion.
Im just glad you all are cool enough to help me out with some solid advice.
What Ive already learned from my post and others on this site would of cost me over $1k in Dr visits...
Looking forward to posting my data tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up on the P10, Bonjour. I will def give it a shot 1st!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Orionsnet,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you start you rCPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

Well I was pretty worn out from work, gym, ect that I layed down to take a nap with it on.
I thought I was only laying down for like 30 minutes, but an hour and 20 minutes passed!
It said I had 3 events per hour, pressure 10.8, Leak 8L/min, AHI 3.0, Total AI 3.0, Central AI 0.0. 
Not sure what all that means and cant get Sleepyhead data because I forgot my laptop withthe card reader on it at work.
It did feel like it was a bit hard to breathe back against at min 8 so I changed it to 4, and then changed it back to 8.
It is definitely a different type of breathing than I'm used to and tough to keep my mouth closed as I am a mouth breather.
I'm pretty sure I'll end up waking up tonight at some point due to opening my mouth to gasp as I always do.
It is interesting so far though. I haven't felt my left lung inflate that much since I can ever remember, pretty cool. 
This thing is like your lung's auto pilot!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 417 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,562 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.