Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New CPAP user. Need some advice.
RE: New CPAP user. Need some advice.
It should be a soft collar that will fit under your chin. It should be loose enough so you can open your jaw if need be. You can find them at drug stores or on-line.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Does this one look OK.  It's soft and adjusts to neck size using velcro.

Cervical Collar - Adjustable Soft Support Collar Can Be Used During Sleep - Wraps Aligns & Stabilizes Vertebrae - Relieves Pain and Pressure in Spine

[Image: YLNb8ZDm.png]

Also, I use a Flex setting of 2 which makes exhaling comfortable.  There are three settings (1-3).  I tried either 1 or 3 (don't remember) and it made exhaling a little more uncomfortable but bearable.  Does the Flex number have any correlation to AHI?
Post Reply Post Reply
That collar looks like a hard collar. Best way to check collars is go to the local drug store and try them on. The flex does drop the minimum pressure somewhat during exhale. If you look at your chart it's the lower line on the pressure chart.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
So are these collars being used in place of chin straps?  I look like an alien with mask, chin strap and eye goggles!
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually the collar replaces the chinstrap. Don't worry, everybody is good looking in the dark. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2017, 04:32 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Usually the collar replaces the chinstrap.  Don't worry, everybody is good looking in the dark.  Big Grin

Thank you!  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
In my quest to get my AHI down to zero or as low as I can get it I've done the following things which I hope you comment on.

1. I bought myself a new box spring and mattress.  My old one was uncomfortable and caused me to have back pain.  The first night I slept on the new mattress my AHI was 2.5.

2. Based upon suggestions here I ordered a cervical collar and used it the second night.  It is soft and is 3 inches wide.  Wearing it seemed to cause me not to sleep as well as without it.  My AHI for this night was around 9 which might indicate the collar contributed to the higher number.

3. Last night I dispensed with the collar and my AHI was 2.

I use a CPAP pillow as well as REMzzzz cloth inserts for my mask.

I've included my daily stats for last night.

[Image: EztmGDdm.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,520 Yesterday, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 511 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 722 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,365 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 182 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.