Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New DreamStation user w DreamWear nasal mask
New DreamStation user w DreamWear nasal mask
Searched the forum but didn’t see answers. Sorry if I missed it 

Three questions.  New to Apap. 7 nights in...  
- sometimes I take a deep breath in w mask and the airflow seems to STOP. Called my provider, no help
- if I cover the tube w mask off the machine also stops... 
- what is the correct mask setting on dreamStation, Ie 1,2,3 etc
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New DreamStation user w DreamWear nasal mask
If your mask is a Philips brand, it will have a value number listed on the brochure that accompanied the mask.   Someone once posted that if it isn't listed that you set it to 0? (zero).  Hopefully someone can confirm or set me straight.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Traveller999,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions, good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dremwear mask should be set to 1 on the Dreamstation mask setting. What kind of Dreamstation do you have?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Dreamwear is x1 for the mask setting.

As for why the DS would turn off automatically, I wonder if your machine is set to turn off automatically when it senses you're done with it. I have that feature turned off on mine, as I want to be the only one who decides when I'm done with a session.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I have an Auto CPAP running SW V114.
I read your replies, thanks so much, and more documentation and changed mask type to 1, and tube type to 22, was 15. I also changed the pillow from large to medium and didn’t exoerience the feeling of the air shutting off, but didn’t feel there was enough pressure.

Let me ask again, if you put your hand over the tube without a mask should the machine also stop ?? Or should that be equal to sensing no breathing and push pressure?

I hope this question is clear. Thanks so much for everyone’s help
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using the Auto Off/On feature?  This may be part of the problem.  If the machine doesn’t sense a breath, it should turn off with this feature on.  

If you place your hand over tube and block airflow without your mask on, the machine should turn off.

Check the Auto Off/On feature and try turning it off to see if that makes a difference.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To followup on OpalRose's advice. You'll find it under the Comfort Menu. There's a Automatic On Icon which is an "A" with a Circle next to it and a Diagram of a fan inside the circle. There's also a Automatic Off Icon that also has the "A" and the circle but there's a line drawn through the fan diagram. Under the Automatic Off Icon click on it and turn the function off. Than check your machine and see if that fixed it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, not set on auto off.
I think it has something to do w FLEX from another post..? But not sure how to set properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am currently traveling, but when I get home I will do exactly what you have done and see if my machine does the same thing. That's is I will cover the hose and see if I get the machine to stop. Should be a couple hours on my reply.

Also, are you using the Philips heated hose? If so, I believe your tube type should be 15h. If standard tubing then 22 is correct.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 252 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,162 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 269 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 754 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 302 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.