Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oral Appliances and Headaches
Oral Appliances and Headaches
I have used an oral appliance for approximately for over 10 years for over ten years.  In the last year or  more, I have noticed that I clench and grind my teeth while sleeping past year or so, and a constant headache.  Can anyone recommend an oral appliance which is advertised as helping headaches?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oral Appliances and Headaches
Your bite has more than likely changed over that period of time, which could trigger headaches.

After 10 years use, I would suggest a visit to your dentist is in order to be re-evaluated for a new appliance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree. The dentist either has to adjust your current bite splint or make you a new one. A badly configured splint will cause all kinds of jaw problems, headaches, facial pain. It can mess up your anatomy permanently without attention. They also have to be adjusted every time you get a filling, crown, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
See your dentist
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi davidlaw69,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Have you considered CPAP therapy? It's a better alternative for sleep apnea, after some time and adjustment, it works very well.
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
Good luck getting your problem resolved.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 112 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 19 944 04-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 269 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,820 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,103 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  CPAP + Oral Appliance = Leaks DoktorSpengler 0 331 08-16-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: DoktorSpengler
  Oral Dental Appliance RandomPilar 47 11,954 06-21-2023, 01:59 AM
Last Post: ZacMirror

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.