Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New and need help
New and need help
When i got home from the sleep center, i had this to deal with this for some time ,I have lost 25lbs and have been adjusting this to the best i can, to get it right, i'm close just not there yet, this is what i was dealing with , just because you get all these thing's you need to start this life long process doesn't mean the place you get your cpap and mask from are there for your health ,well they kinda of are ...your health insurance $
The second and latest file is me adjusting what i can , yet its the best i can do, with out getting myself jacked up.
any advise on settings would help, Im not sure what they all do, i just made changes looking at youtube videos

[attachment=7111][attachment=7112]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and need help
For starters try setting your minimum and maximum pressure support to 4cm. Hopefully that will help reduce your CA events. To offset the reduction in pressure support you'll also need to increase the EPAP from 12cm to 14cm.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Comparing the settings changes between the 2 graphs and the resultants, the reduction in pressure support, as Walla Walla recommended, will move you in the right direction. I think you should do exactly as Walla Walla advises and I have a feeling that you may be ticking down even further on pressure support. Keeping the changes gradual and easy is a great approach.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
reddogsuix, what Walla Walla and JesseLee said, and one more instruction: one change at a time, and give it a few days before changing again.  (In fact, it would be best to seek advice before making changes – much better than getting advice from YouBoob, which can't respond to your feedback!)

You're going great; wish I had made the progress you've made as quickly as you've done!
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually you need to make two changes. If you don't increase the EPAP when you reduce the Pressure Support you end up dropping the IPAP down which would result in more obstructive apneas. It sort of goes hand in hand when adjusting pressure support on a BPAP.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
So in your opinion what what it look like Min EPAP 13 Max IPAP 18.5  PS 3.0 - 5.5
something like this?

(07-02-2018, 05:53 PM)reddogsuix Wrote: So in your opinion what what it look like Min EPAP 13 Max IPAP 18.5  PS 3.0 min   PS 5.5 max
something like this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Min EPAP 14 Max IPAP 25 PS 4.0 min PS 4.0 max
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give that a try tonight and post the results Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure was high  for me mask leaks :{
Post Reply Post Reply
OK try min PS 2 max PS 2 and leave everything else the same.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.