Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dreamstation to airsense 11, no condensation to a flood
dreamstation to airsense 11, no condensation to a flood
Hello all,

My sleep dr sent me a replacement for my 5 year old dream station (on recall but too old anyway, so just got new one)

The bedroom temp is 69

My previous dreamstation climate settings were adaptive, humidifier 4 of 5, heat 4 of 5

I never had condensation/rainout/ any water problems at all with this combo on the dreamstation

So far on airsense 11, I've tried:

complete auto - which somehow leaves my nose slightly dry in the morning, but still a small drip of water into mask

humidifier 6 of 8, heat 80 degrees - gurgle filled the tube twice through the night with water, about 1/4 cup in total

humidifier 5 of 8, heat 82 degrees - a few drips in nose 

humidifier 5 of 8, heat 86 degrees - water in nose repeatably

would anyone have suggestions here, or does the heated tubing on the airsense just not functional anywhere close to as well as the dreamstations?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dreamstation to airsense 11, no condensation to a flood
Try "Climate = Auto" and "Tube temp = 84F". That works well for me in a 64F room.

I first tried both at "Auto" and had quite a bit of condensation. With Climate=Auto and tube 84F, I never have any condensation in the tube, and humidity level is comfortable for me. Occasionally there will a couple drops in the pillows, but never enough that it gets into my nose.

If you still have condensation with Climate=Auto and Tube=84F, especially at ambient 69F, I'd start to question whether the heated tube is working. Do you have a spare you could swap in to see if there is a difference?

Other option you could try is a tube cover. Resmed makes a decent and reasonably-priced one with a nylon shell, and there are several other brands with fleece/cloth outer shell that some people like better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Snugglehose fleece cover that works to keep cold air off the tube and makes it quieter and softer to sleep with. Iit fits 6 to 8 feet of tubing, so covers both the CPAP and mask tubes. I also route my tube upwards from the machine and support it on a lanyard from the headboard before it drops back to the bed. This facilitates freedom of movement and allows any condensation that might occur to drain back to the machine humidifier chamber. As far as settings, I just use manual, 4, 80*F.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a tube temp of 86 and auto with no condensate. in a 68 deg room. My wife uses the same settings, has a snugglehose (thanks to Sleeprider for recommending it frequently) but gets some rainout. Her tube feels just as warm as mine. It's a mystery to me. Hope you find a solution.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
same type of machine as well Melman? maybe how the vents blow the air...

I went 84/auto last night. only woken up once at 4:30am by drops, but nasal passages a bit dry. I guess I'll be ordering the cover. It's just odd that it's so different than the prior machine.

Honestly considering seeing if anyone that knows how to remove the foam will let me mail it to them now that I have a spare machine - this device seems more annoying in many aspects. Besides the condensation - The water tank, the hose connection being fixed, the lack of numbers unless I go into clinician mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 656 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 283 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Transition from DreamStation 2 to AirSense 10 prince01 16 1,039 12-17-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: prince01
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.