Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to renew ramp time after temporarily stopping Airsense 10 Auto?
How to renew ramp time after temporarily stopping Airsense 10 Auto?
Hello:

I've now been using the AirSense for two weeks and am starting to get the hang of it and also am seeing the benefits.

I have a question:  If I awaken during the night and need to temporarily stop the machine and then restart it, is there a way to renew the ramp feature?

I find that when I restart the machine, the pressure is usually too high (I guess the machine restarts at the same place it left off) and it interferes with my ability to fall asleep again.  I'd like to be able to restart the ramp program when I restart the machine, as that will allow me to fall asleep again with lower pressure.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to renew ramp time after temporarily stopping Airsense 10 Auto?
I don't use Ramp, but my understanding, whenever you start the machine (make no difference at the start of the therapy or during the night), always it start with the lower Ramp set pressure providing Ramp is enabled
For example using AutoSet mode, Ramp pressure at 7 for 15 minutes, and minimum set pressure at 10
The machine start at the lower pressure 7 and reach the minimum pressure 10 within 15minutes , and then treatment begins ...
Also the AirSense 10 have something called "Ramp Auto", where the machine start at lower pressure and increase pressure to set pressure when the machine sensed that you'e fallen asleep, otherwise reach set pressure within 30 minutes, suppose to work that way
You don't provide much details about machine settings or Ramp period. Here is how to find out and obtain the clinical manual for your CPAP machine http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm ... my AutoSense always starts on ramp mode whenever I stop and start it. I would actually like my my machine to do what it sounds like yours was, and just pick up where it left off ...
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto.
My sleep doc told us in orientation that if we wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep because of the pressure, to just turn the machine off and back on again to reset it.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use the ramp but the machine builds pressure from low to your setting under any circumstances. to get to min epap 11 / min ps 2 (ipap 13), my min pressure, it takes up to about 30 seconds from machine on until it gets up to speed and starts recording pressure. I have to work for the first couple of breaths.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp has on, off, time and starting pressure settings in the Comfort settings. I think if you just set them, it should work as you expect. Mine is set to off. Allenri, your charts show ramp is on from a pressure of 4. Everytime you start the machine it starts from that low pressure and goes up pretty quickly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
would it make sense to unplug?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2018, 06:23 PM)mpoirier57 Wrote: would it make sense to unplug?

No. Get the manual. Learn to set the ramp the on or off, starting at the pressure you want, and lasting as long as you need. All you need to do is go into the settings (Control knob + Home button), select clinical settings, scroll down to Comfort, and properly set ramp settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2018, 06:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ramp has on, off, time and starting pressure settings in the Comfort settings.  I think if you just set them, it should work as you expect.  Mine is set to off.  Allenri, your charts show ramp is on from a pressure of 4. Everytime you start the machine it starts from that low pressure and goes up pretty quickly.
I like ramp to start the night, but I don't like it after I've been asleep for a while and get up to go to the bathroom. I wish there was a setting for that.

What I do, and what I think you're seeing Sleeprider, is when I restart my machine after coming back to bed, I turn on "Mask fit", and then turn it off half a second later. Whether it's intentional or a bug, what happens when you turn Mask fit off is that the machine goes to your regular starting pressure right away, rather than resuming the ramp phase.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask fit would explain it. I never use it so it’s off my radar I guess.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 12 30 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,435 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.