Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New to CPAP - obviously questions :-)
RE: New to CPAP - obviously questions :-)
I'm no expert but here's how I would respond to your post #20.

if you're feeling well, you're avg ahi is pretty good and you could leave well enough alone.

if you want to try to reduce the number of events, do as WW said: raise min epap to head off flow limitations, snores, hypopnea and oa and try a soft cervical collar to reduce clusters of events.

since your ipap is still reaching max: if your ipap can go higher, you might try it. ~20cm produced periodic breathing and ca in one of your posted charts - that may be a fluke but higher ipap could make that worse. in other charts you had pb and ca at lower pressures so they might not be pressure related. if you do see pb and ca on more nights at 20cm and higher, you might reduce max back to 19.

the collar and higher epap alone should result in less obstructed breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2018, 10:02 AM)mayuh Wrote: Little update after 2 months of CPAP and 3 weeks  of the new pressures:
<snip>

(08-23-2018, 12:23 PM)sheepless Wrote: <snip>
the collar and higher epap alone should result in less obstructed breathing.

mayuh, I'd like to add to what sheepless said and urge you to turn off the pie chart.  I think it is confusing you because it shows only "events" other than good sleep.  When you focus on the events themselves it's clear that your therapy is pretty effective.  Eg. last night's chart shows that your O, H, and CA numbers are really pretty good.  But that pie chart makes it look like things are out of control.  Maybe a better way to put my suggestion is to focus on the most important things: your feeling of well-being, and the critical events.

Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey! Thanks for your suggestions ;-) I’m obviously new and eager to learn. Thus I give it (too) much room in my life. For now... ;-)

True, i shouldn’t pay too much attention on that pie chart, yet I love math and statistics. Lol! Yeah, well-being is back, that’s all that matters. Still - I’m curious how to counter/attack H, OA, CA and FLs. As I said I used to be more the pilot than the passenger ;-)

Gotta order a collar and some good food/drinks and enjoy my new life ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
...you'd never knew what mental powers can do :-) 

My last 3 nights, just enjoying life, breathing -- and exactly Zero Fs given:
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks real good Mayuh. What BiFlex setting are you using?

My next post will be to turn it to a lower setting or off. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It says Biflex, flex 1 - never ever messed with that. What does it do?

Thanks,
Mario.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try turning BiFlex off. You never know, but it is considered a comfort setting that anticipates your respiration and drops pressure just ahead of exhale and raised it just ahead of inhale. What I noticed is that your Sleepyhead statistics show a longer inhale than exhale. I'm thinking the machine gets the timing wrong and you'd do better without BiFlex. This is where Resmed does a better job because it doesn't anticipate trigger and cycle, and the sensitivity for trigger and cycle is adjustable. It's complicated, so give this a try and let's see what you get.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, so I tried to turn biflex off for 4 days. Subjectively I didn't sleep too well, also my AHI "raised" to about 4 - this night I turned biflex on again, to maybe see a difference... Yes, it worked better: AHI under 1 (Yeah!) and I feel more rested.

Also the machine keeps me on lower pressures for longer time with biflex on.

Do you see anything that might have impacted sleep quality without biflex? Or maybe I'm just a biflex guy :-)

Thanks for all your time and advice,
Mario.
Post Reply Post Reply
Response to Biflex is mostly personal preference. Sounds like you have enough experience to make a personal decision on its use. I generally found a setting of 1 was better for me than off or higher settings. Experimenting is really the only way to know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the compliment! Experience of 2.5 months LOL! :-) But I think I made awesome progress from AHI 86.2 to <3 -- next step is sleep lab in 6 weeks. And my explaination why I changed my therapy on my own. Doctors here don't like that... but with that low AHI they can't rant/contradict in my opinion... :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 306 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  [CPAP] Questions about CPAP pressure algorithms about apnea charlie4691 5 580 12-27-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.