Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Newbee - 1st Evening Failure
RE: Newbee - 1st Evening Failure
Back in 40 minutes. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
"Why did i have no Centrals on the Sleep Titatrion?"

you may not be prone to them.

you may be prone to them but didn't have them on test night. ca are inconsistent.

you may have treatment emergent pressure induced ca that will dissipate in time.

you might have had them but saw only a summary rather than the detailed report. it's a little shocking what is left off many summaries & how often we are diagnosed with obstructive apnea despite the presence of central events.

it's also true that periodic limb movement, that you may or may not suffer, is inconsistent. if some of your ca is triggered by movement, you have 2 inconsistent variables in play.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2020, 07:39 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: FWIW if this helps, what I did if I were on that same OSCAR tab with the slider and showing 3, just grab that slider and move it left to say 2. Try that and see what you get.

I've hopefully got this zoomed in better.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Since most doctors and techs regarding sleep studies get blinded when CA show, they may not have included these if it were the summary and not detailed report.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marvellous. Sad

The worst part is that I need to work out what settings to use tonight so I feel calm going to sleep. At this stage I have not got a clue what pressures to use, EPR on or what.  I will have a read through all the posts and see if i can find any helpful information or advice.

Thanks for helping mate Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
@ Sheepless and Sarcasticdave94

I just thought of one thing that may be highly relevent.

Because of the virus I have been spending almost all my time at home and only going out into crowds, shops, etc , when essential. Now I do spend a lot of time playing darts with my son in the garage. We are both avid A Grade Players so darts is a big part of our lives and not playing comp since the Virus started has been very hard.

In my shoes i wear custom made Orthotic Inserts. Yesterday i played for 3-4 hours through the day, in the garage, on cold concrete and bare foot. My feet were actually quite sore, I had a bath and it eased them a bit but yeh, certainly the arches were sore. I also remember moving them many times, stretching them etc, when i was trying to sleep but could not do so. It was probably 15 minutes or so before i gave up and took the mask off, intending to read and try again. Could the feet movement of caused this to look like Periodic Movement Syndrome??

When i started back on the Mask an hour later, being tired I did not have that issue because I fell asleep relatively fast, in under 20 minutes.

I'm just mentioning because the more information that you have, the more that we can consider what the causes may be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure anything like that can be disruptive. So it is possible to have been picked up as CA if you were breath holding during the movement. Even so, I would consider turning off EPR if you can tolerate it due to CA that shows, and no other changes.

Do let us know if it changes good or bad. And if doing any change causes a bad change, or becomes uncomfortable after any changes, revert back to prior and let us know. We'll come up with plan C D E F G or so on until we get it right.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SarcasticDave94,

Thank you. Pressures remain 8-14 with EPR being turned off.

Will update tomorrow. Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Could the feet movement of caused this to look like Periodic Movement Syndrome??"

yes. when I'm trying to fall asleep while voluntarily moving around with restless legs I see the same or similar pattern in my flow rate as when I'm asleep with involuntary plm. of course, I'm probably in & out of sleep as this occurs but I've come to believe rls & plm are closely related.

that, and the fact that the only closer screenshot I've seen is less than definitive for plm, leads me to think moving your feet could be the culprit.

the monkey wrench in that theory is that sounds like a one time thing and you seem to have a longer history of the spikey flow with bunches of ca.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you get in a vicious cycle, with deeper arousal breathing washing out CO2, which leads to dwindling urge to breathe and CAs, which is followed by recovery breathing, which washes out CO2....

So the arousal breathing takes you over your "apneic threshold." With time, the threshold may naturally adjust downward, but what I'm hoping is that as you start sleeping more soundly with CPAP, you'll have fewer reasons to start in with arousal breathing. Again, your solid sleep is virtually free of events.

Do try turning off EPR, just to see what if feels like to you and to see whether it is correlated with a reduction in CAs. Feel free to post as frequently as you like. Always describe what you feel like and what you felt was going on during the night.

For what it's worth: one of my most useful tricks for falling asleep is to revisit a dream. If I could put it this way: remembering it from the inside.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,287 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  CPAP Failure, ASV Attempter, Still Failure ophiuchus 16 1,420 07-10-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ophiuchus
  Set myself up for failure? Newbie768 4 539 01-15-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [Pressure] Maximum pressure in heart failure? edgnoj 0 483 11-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points snorin2 2 740 09-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. SammNeedsHelp 8 1,060 08-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: SammNeedsHelp
  The Most Likely Part Failure Sleeprider 37 4,954 06-24-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: AZGuy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.