Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Newbee - 1st Evening Failure
RE: Newbee - 1st Evening Failure
Not to hijack a thread by another member, but I have "hyperinflated lungs" by imaging diagnostics. I rarely if ever have any cardioballistic artifacts. I have a similar tidal volume and slightly higher minute vent. Those if us that are regularly over 600 mL tidal volume are in the upper percentile of respiratory exchange. I have never seen these artifacts in my data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW most of my sleep sessions are above 600 mL on my 95% vt
represented on my last OSCAR with the ASV, I got 2:50 hr/min
Median of 460, 95% - 700, highest Max - 1300
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2020, 07:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Not to hijack a thread by another member, but I have "hyperinflated lungs" by imaging diagnostics.  I rarely if ever have any cardioballistic artifacts. I have a similar tidal volume and slightly higher minute vent. Those if us that are regularly over 600 mL tidal volume are in the upper percentile of respiratory exchange. I have never seen these artifacts in my data.

"Those if us that are regularly over 600 mL tidal volume are in the upper percentile of respiratory exchange"

I do not quite understand this statement, can you please explain in simpler terms for me . Thanks.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
I frequently have 580 to 620 mL tidal volume with a minute vent of 9.20-10.0 L/min. I 'm just saying that is on the high side of what you will normally see if you observe these statistics over a lot of members. I think you commented that you had been diagnosed with hyperinflated lungs. I have a record of a chest X-ray with the same comment. It doesn't seem to be much of an issue. My comment was simply that if you look across a few thousand chart, you won't often see lot of us that share this lung volume. I may have just taken that comment out of context, but I have seen the same diagnostic comment about myself.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2020, 11:38 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I frequently have 580 to 620 mL tidal volume with a minute vent of 9.20-10.0 L/min. I 'm just saying that is on the high side of what you will normally see if you observe these statistics over a lot of members.  I think you commented that you had been diagnosed with  hyperinflated lungs.   I have a record of a chest X-ray with the same comment. It doesn't seem to be much of an issue. My comment was simply that if you look across a few thousand chart, you won't often see  lot of us that share this lung volume. I may have just taken that comment out of context, but I have seen the same diagnostic comment about myself.

Thanks for explaining that, I had no idea what it meant and no clue as to whether it was a a good or bad  (Or neither) comment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats to you sine!  Now definitely there were no cardioballistic effects at all.  The other day in our German forum we had the same thing:

[Image: file.php?id=14518&sid=0f7f926811f07db775...&mode=view]

Here's a zoom:
[Image: file.php?id=14528&sid=0f7f926811f07db775...&mode=view]

Actually the respiration rate is about 20, but the machine reports 40.  And here's a classification of flow limitations:

[Image: file.php?id=14530&sid=0f7f926811f07db775...&mode=view]

Now please decide yourself what's going on here: may we be inclined to consider that class 2 und 3 and others limitations are present? (I rarely had that pattern on my machine, too: should all these machines be faulty?!)

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks, it may help if we can get a better zoomed shot of the unusual pattern where high respiration rate is recorded. Note on the image posted by Multicast, the segment is only 1 minute and 30 seconds or so. A closer zoom will allow better interpretation of either respiration or machine issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I would look at it under the microscope as it were, as it's possible some pattern or such may be picked up to help find a resolution.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2020, 11:19 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yep I would look at it under the microscope as it were, as it's possible some pattern or such may be picked up to help find a resolution.

Hopefully these two screen shots can help work it out. I hope i have zoomed in enough, i seem to be having issues learning how to zoom in properly.

To me it looks like #3.

I'm in and out but will check back in a while in case of any more screenshots being needed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Doesn't look like 2 or 3 to me either. Instead I'm seeing several breaths in rapid succession, with the flow rates distinctly crossing the zero line, followed by a pause. I defer to the experts about what this might be.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,282 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  CPAP Failure, ASV Attempter, Still Failure ophiuchus 16 1,419 07-10-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ophiuchus
  Set myself up for failure? Newbie768 4 536 01-15-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [Pressure] Maximum pressure in heart failure? edgnoj 0 483 11-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points snorin2 2 740 09-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. SammNeedsHelp 8 1,060 08-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: SammNeedsHelp
  The Most Likely Part Failure Sleeprider 37 4,954 06-24-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: AZGuy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.