Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Newbie question - Setting pressure
Newbie question - Setting pressure
Hey! Great forum!

I am a newbie with sleep apnea. Bought a Remstar Pro C-Flex and comfortgel full mask from craigslist. I am definitely a mouth breather.

The pressure setting was set at 10 and it seemed a bit overwhelming to me as this was the very first time I EVER used a cpap.

I turned the pressure down to 6 and it seemed not to freak me out so bad. I did manage to get to sleep, but I am not sure if I benefitted from my first experience. I am doing this on my own - can't afford a proper sleep study...

I notice many of you are using much higher pressures. Where is a good place to begin?

Thank you in advance,

Powernapper
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie question
You need to get the software so you can see the results, then go from there. Lot's of help on here, but they need to see the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi powernapper,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions to help you along.
Best of luck to you as you start CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the first thing you should do is get the Clinician's manual for your machine. It will describe the options and how to set them. You can download it from the link at the top of the page for manuals. I believe your machine is the "Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Pro with C-flex+". Go down the list until you find that name in the "available by email" listings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the "Clinician's" manual the same thing as the "user" manual? - because I DO have the user manual...
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2014, 01:07 PM)powernapper Wrote: Is the "Clinician's" manual the same thing as the "user" manual? - because I DO have the user manual...

No, the clinician's manual is much more in depth regarding settings and other machine parameters including how to access the "secret" menus that allow you to change your own settings. As far as I am concerned it is much more informative than the User's manual. The user's manual is written for all of us "stupid" people that use these machines.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Mr. PaytonA!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2014, 03:27 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 01:07 PM)powernapper Wrote: Is the "Clinician's" manual the same thing as the "user" manual? - because I DO have the user manual...

No, the clinician's manual is much more in depth regarding settings and other machine parameters including how to access the "secret" menus that allow you to change your own settings. As far as I am concerned it is much more informative than the User's manual. The user's manual is written for all of us "stupid" people that use these machines.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
The front page of the provider guide begin with this instruction:
IMPORTANT! Remove this guide before giving the device to the patient. Only medical professionals should adjust pressure settings
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 201 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.