Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] OSCAR results
OSCAR results

Diagnosed about 4 months ago with AHI of 63.  Dr wrote script for APAP.  
After 4 months of usage, I do see some improvements (less brain fog, less headaches, less head pressure, less wacky heartbeats, less fatigue).

I still want to be sure I'm on track, and ask the pros if there are any tweaks to get my avg AHI even lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR results

Forgot this one...
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board. When you post next time use F12 for the screenshot and make sure the left column is with the charts. That gives us a better picture. 

You are doing well but we should be able to improve on them. 

I would suggest min 7 and EPR full time set to 3. 

I think you will feel better with those changes.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
My EPR is already Full Time and level of 3.  So I should try min pressure level of 7 instead of 4 though?  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes… Epr is exhale pressure relief which means the exhale pressure (which is the min) is reduced by the EPR. With your settings of min 4 EPR is doing NOTHING because the absolute lowest a Cpap can go is 4.

Min 4 - EPR 3 is still 4

Min 7 - EPR 3 is 4. Same exhale pressure.

EPR helps with flow limits and H events - lowering your AHI.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I adjusted the min pressure to 7 last night.  My AHI was 3.3 for the night which is higher than normal but i'll give it a few days to average out.
I'll f12 the oscar results if I get a chance today.
Post Reply Post Reply

f12 of last night attached.  What can you make of this?

I did up my min. pressure to 7 a while back when you recommended it and it seems a little better.
Post Reply Post Reply
OP - Your profile shows minimum pressure of 4, please change to 7 so that people looking at your post will have the correct info.

With a median pressure of 8, a min of 7 is not unreasonable. if you want to try an experiment, perhaps moving the minimum to 8 would stent the airway open to preclude apneas at a lower pressure. Not a guarantee, but may be worth an experiment and it won't hurt you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,354 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 397 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 146 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 211 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.