Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Optimal Settings
Optimal Settings
Hi all,

sorry, my English is bad, so just a few words: I am tired like hell and would appreciate your help in getting the right settings with my Prisma 20A.

Here are some screenshots:

APAP Dynamic

APAP Standard

Thanks, Frank
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Optimal Settings
..I am thinking of min and max pressure, Standard or Dynamic, Softpap yes or no.
If you need more information to give advice, just tell me. Thank you all for help in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Obstructive Apneas are occurring in clusters and mostly during periods when your flow is rough.  This indicates a positional Apnea. 

Many of our users experience relief from this with the use of a loose fitting soft cervical (neck) collar or an anti-snoring collar to prevent the chin from tucking.
It sounds awful, but a lot of members have found both comfort and efficacy using something like a traditional soft collar (Releaf Caldera) or wedge (Dr Dakota Snoring Stop). You can simulate the problem by sitting in a chair and relaxing, letting your chin drop toward your chest. You may find your airway is increasingly restricted as your chin drops, relaxing further, you may feel a snore or complete blockage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks. Could the "bad position" also be "lying on the back"? And would you explain a little more the connection between the clusters, why are they indicating a position-problem? 

You mean this can help, right?
(Amazon) Caldera-Releaf-Hals-Rest/dp/B01N0LZCU6
(Amazon) Dr-Dakota-Snoring-Accessory-Necks/dp/B00VQTQWVK

Seems like it is pretty hard to get these in Germany, but i will try.
Post Reply Post Reply
The mask names are among the more popular options for user's here. I agree 100% with Bonjour's assessment, and will only offer some clarification on positional apnea. Most people experience this problem as a poor alignment of the head and neck that obstructs the airway. This can occur in any sleeping position including back and side-sleeping. The most common way it happens is when the chin drops toward the chest. This can happen when pillows are high behind your head, and on your side when you simply tuck your chin in your sleep. The soft cervical collar prevents both. You can try an experiment very easily to see if you are likely to experience this problem. Just sit on a comfortable chair and relax and be aware of your breathing. As you relax further, allow your neck to relax and your chin to drop forward. As your head drops you may feel more airway restriction or even obstruction. This is the same mechanism that commonly causes the apnea clusters.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the collar, result is a desaster. Much snorring (the two weeks before almot no snorring), and I am tired as never before.
Any thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
haven't heard of it before but I suppose it may be possible that the alignment forced by the collar doesn't suit your particular anatomy and could cause more harm than good. however, I believe it is possible to over tighten the collar to restrict your airway by itself or when you're inclined to chin tuck in your sleep, for example, it might put even more pressure on your airway to restrict it. the collar might be too high or low for your neck length. too much pillow causing bent neck doesn't help. back sleeping is worse for many of us, even with the collar. keep trying for a while. collars take some getting used to. or try a different style like the wedge.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 463 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] How to tell if I am getting optimal results from my PAP treatment? TryingToGetItRight 7 1,087 10-06-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: McDee
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
Grin [Pressure] Not sure what optimal pressures are mrsleepyhead2001 2 669 08-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Is this a good way to figure out the optimal pressure settings? CorruptAlligator 6 2,233 09-16-2021, 02:34 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Optimal minimum pressure jakobankerhansen 3 1,494 08-03-2021, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.