Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Optimizing Dreamstation, Autoset for Her after Post 50
RE: Should I adjust my DreamStation minimum pressure?
Nothing exceeds the large leak threshold, and to me this looks fine, except for the flow limitation. You're going to really enjoy the new machine, whenever.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received my new machine today--the AirSense 10 For Her. I've been using nasal pillows for many years, but they gave me a full-face mask (AirFit F20) to try, since I've been having some issues waking up with a very dry mouth. The machine does not have a SIM card--can I remove the card from my old ResMed machine and put it in this machine, or should I get a new card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the ResMed. On the SD card, you can save data on the PC and then go with using it on the new machine. One option anyway. Better IT-ish folk will be on to advise better. I do think it's best to dedicate an SD to an individual machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you put the old Resmed card in the new machine the Autoset will detect the card has been used before and give you an option to erase the SD card, carry on it will be fine
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2020, 01:26 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: When you put the old Resmed card in the new machine the Autoset will detect the card has been used before and give you an option to erase the SD card, carry on it will be fine

The old Resmed hasn't been used in a couple years--I've had the Dreamstation since--so I was thinking there was no reason to retain the old info at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s fine let the machine over-write the old card
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have OSCAR data from last night because I didn't have an SD card in, but it wasn't a great night with the new full-face mask. My ears were popping--which has never happened to me before in 7-ish years on CPAP--and I woke up very congested. 3/4 of the water from the reservoir was used up last night, and normally I use very little water. I also woke up a few times in the night to the loud sound of air escaping out the sides of the mask when I moved my head. My congestion cleared up as soon as I took the mask off, but my ears are still hurting (!!) and I have a headache. Not sure if I need to adjust the AirFit F20 somehow or if I should go back to my regular nasal pillow mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JeniferJuniper,
I would go back to the mask that you are used to.  It should fit the new machine without trouble - all masks except a few for travel machines should have universal fittings.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong.  Besides, it is best to change one thing at a time, so you can assess the effects of the change.

Good luck with your new machine.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2020, 10:47 PM)becker44a Wrote: I would go back to the mask that you are used to.  It should fit the new machine without trouble - all masks except a few for travel machines should have universal fittings.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong.  Besides, it is best to change one thing at a time, so you can assess the effects of the change.

This is what I'm going to do. I also put a card in so I'll have OSCAR data tomorrow. Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I adjust my minimum pressure?
Here is the OSCAR data from last night with the new AirSense 10 For Her. I went back to the Philips nasal pillow mask and didn't have the ear popping, thank god. 

[attachment=27933][attachment=27934][attachment=27935]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 96 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 124 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 386 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 362 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 222 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 631,887 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 217 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.