Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Optimizing Dreamstation, Autoset for Her after Post 50
RE: Should I adjust my DreamStation minimum pressure?
Besides the better mask fit and comfort, was therapy good or do you feel it needs addressed in some way? By the look on OSCAR, it's good overall except for the flow limit. The FL seems a bit busy and shaggy grass looking, so that's why I asked if you think therapy was good or bad this last session. If you think it served well, then I'd not suggest any changes. However if you say there were some form of sleep disruption, then a slight setting edit may be called for.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitation was an issue with the Dreamstation too. What could be the reason for that?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the min by 2. That should help the flow limitations. Your epr=3 so your real min (exhale pressure) is lower than the min
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2020, 12:52 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I would raise the min by 2. That should help the flow limitations. Your epr=3 so your real min (exhale pressure) is lower than the min

Raise the minimum pressure again?
Post Reply Post Reply
JenniferJuniper,
Would you please update your profile? I was seeing you had a Dreamstation and everyone was talking about EPR. That is a fast way to confuse an old guy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2020, 01:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: JenniferJuniper,
Would you please update your profile?  I was seeing you had a Dreamstation and everyone was talking about EPR.   That is a fast way to confuse an old guy.

OK, haha, sorry, will do. I wasn't sure what to do, since the rest of the thread is about resetting my Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on if the flow limits are bothersome or not is the reason to consider a small increase in Min pressure and/or increasing EPR unless it's at 3 already. Either of these edits or both together can be used to combat the FL. BTW flow limits are events that indicate restrictions in airflow of less than about 50%, time is not factored in determination, and if the flow limit gets stronger becomes a Hypopnea or full apnea. Typically more pressure and EPR lower the FL seen.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't changed any settings yet, but here is the OSCAR data from last night. I feel like I slept a little better than I did the night before, but not sure I can tell a difference between this AirSense10 and the Dreamstation.

I would like to figure out the mask situation. I was given the full face mask, but that made my ears pop. I can swap it for another one if I want, they say. Which one though? The good thing about the full-face was that I didn't need my brux guard--I didn't clench my jaw with that mask. I like the nasal pillows, but I definitely clench/grind with those and need to wear the brux guard.

[attachment=27974][attachment=27975][attachment=27976]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure seems to be very well optimized with relatively little fluctuation. Results on the Resmed show a much lower AHI and all the snores and flow limits are gone. Leaks are in a reasonable range, and any changes you make can be simply based on comfort. My preference is for nasal pillows as well, but I don't have a problem with bruxism.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the best place for me to post for ongoing assistance reading my data? I have a new machine and don't want this to get lost in the rest of the post. I believe I'm supposed to keep all my info under one post, so that's what I'm doing. Let me know if I should do something else. 

I had surgery last week, and that was a real mess. Apparently the anesthesiologist gave me something that stopped my breathing (!?), and I woke up in pain in the recovery room because they had to stop giving me pain meds in order to restart my breathing? The nurses were fumbling around with my CPAP trying to figure out a way to use it to give me oxygen? What the hell was all that about?! It was pretty terrifying. 

I've woken up the last couple nights gasping for breath, which I didn't expect with the new AirSense 10 machine. I've been sleeping on my back due to the hip surgery, so that could be one reason. The data looks really weird to me.

[attachment=28143][attachment=28144][attachment=28145]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 96 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 124 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 386 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 362 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 222 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 631,849 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 217 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.