Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Please Help: Feel exhausted
Please Help: Feel exhausted
I have what seems like well managed apnea and good mask fit, but I still feel terrible/exhausted and barely sleep, wake up after 2-3 hours even though nothing seems to bother me. Good mask fit, low AHI. I just don't get why I always wake up and struggle to fall back a sleep. 

Is there anything to see on the chart on what might be waking me up? The middle blank part is where I wake and go off the machine a while, to later go back on and hopefully fall back a sleep. Average about 6 (Always in two parts) hours a night. 

Any help or advice greatly appreciated. 

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Please Help: Feel exhausted
I can't say why you're waking and not able to get back to sleep. Unless you have to get up to use the bathroom or get a drink, try to stay in bed and keep the mask on.
You aren't showing any events except some Clear Airway, so my suggestion would be to take the EPR setting from 3 to 2.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization
OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Help: Feel exhausted
Do you take any medications with side effects of insomnia? Or have any back, hip leg pain? There are many things that can interrupt your sleep. I have all of the above , so while my sleep quality is much better since I started APAP in September, I still wake up frequently due to other causes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird breathing patterns? 3 months on CPAP, AHI of 4, still feel awful leftfield 14 367 01-20-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  AHI under 5, Good O2 level, still feel tired, sleepy in the morning dannyr 8 167 01-20-2022, 10:51 AM
Last Post: dannyr
  10 months on CPAP. Low AHI. Still feel like crap planetf1 3 240 12-23-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Cool Centrals: Do you feel your breathing stop when drifting off? I do. S. Manz 8 400 12-21-2021, 11:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] I don't feel any benefit from use of CPAP gordonharper 17 634 12-06-2021, 05:56 PM
Last Post: gordonharper
  [Treatment] I've been using my CPAP for a few weeks, and I'm still exhausted. Looking for help. BrendonG92 21 1,026 11-15-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Post: BrendonG92
Exclaimation Newly diagnosed with lots of centrals and feel suffocated bodhimama 7 355 11-04-2021, 09:48 PM
Last Post: cathyf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.