Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Please help
Please help
Hello everybody, need help getting the right settings. Ten years of BiPAP use, first 10-16 epap ipap. Around four years on current AirCurve. 4-20 ps 5. Feel like I could dial in better. Tried few different settings with no luck. Got upset and deleted all my data. Big mistake. Only have two days of data now. Know little how to use Oscar. My current cycle and trigger set to very high and ti min and max set to .8 and 4 this seems to get the Apnea score around 2 butt never much better. I hope to get my sleeping breathing patterns better any ideas? Sleep study ten years ago did on my back with 56 ahi mostly hypopneas. I now sleep side and back. 
I post anything needed to help as I see people on here are very knowledgeable on all topics of sleep apnea.

Sleep study

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help
New pic

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
We really need you to read the tutorial links in my signature on how to Organize your OSCAR Chart including instructions for gettig a screenshot, and how to Attach An Image or File. The charts posted are unreadable.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the fast response. I will read and post as directed. Just got new computer. Been about two since I used one. Used to look at sleepyhead data back then but that’s about it. Used iPhone to take those please forgive me. I didn’t won’t to use up to much space and it was the simple thing to do. Sorry.

What charts are going to be the best to post? I seen min of 3 is that for one post or the whole thread?
Post Reply Post Reply
from the Organize link

How to order the data charts
The most useful charts for diagnostic purposes are:

• Event Flags

• Flow Rate

• Pressure

• Leak Rate

• Flow Limit (Resmed only. Respironics includes Flow Limitation in Events)

• Snore
Each chart has a name displayed on it vertically on the left side of the chart.
You can move a chart up or down in the order by pointing your mouse pointer in the label part of the chart, left clicking and dragging up or down to change the order.
The chart height can be resized by pointing your mouse at the border of a graph until the cursor changes to a double bar with an arrow above and below, then dragging the border up or down.
The chart order can be set (OSCAR v1.1.0+) by clicking View / Reset Graphs / Standard.
An "Advanced" Order can be set (OSCAR v1.1.0+) by clicking View / Reset Graphs / Advanced.
The Advanced chart order is:

• Event Flags

• Flow Rate

• Mask Pressure

• Tidal Volume

• Minute Vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
laptop screenshot

tues. night 3.0 ti max
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You so much for the help sleepyrider and who ever else responds. I was hoping you sleeplyrider be one to reply seeing you use the same machine From what i read on other post you know alot. Thanks again any other pictures or zoom in I be happy to post. Any idea of how to get this better?
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have Data for one day and little nap on system one 60 auto BiPAP. Ahi 8.79, 4-25 ps at 0-8. I think the flex was set on 3. I can post that data if it helps. I my opinion resmed does better someday like to get that one set for a backup. Resmed probably pushing 10,000 hours. System one on has around 300 on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
And Fred too thanks for taking the time to help?
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's try and remove some of the variability out of pressures.
Can you set your min EPAP to 6.0  and no other changes for now.

PS of 6 is higher than most, why is your PS set to 6?  just looking for insight.

And you need to note what you feel, which settings feel better and why?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.