Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Pressure Help after Angioplasty
Pressure Help after Angioplasty
Hi Apnea folk

I've recently had an emergency angioplasty which have thrown my ahi numbers off tremendously.  Have been trying to readjust with not much luck to get to to the sub 2 ahi i've been used to for a couple of years on my phillips (foam removed) bipap.

The numbers have been swinging wildly since the day of my surgery, and I would hope someone could help me to bring the numbers down to something more stable. I include my last daily screenshots, plus a summary of changes I've made since the 3rd of Dec. unfortunately my cardiologist is lost on this issue, and my ENT can't be found. So instead of starting from scratch, I hope I can get some help from the experts here.

Many thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Help after Angioplasty
It may be more helpful if you would post a Screenshot including the left side bar, eliminate the calendar and pie chart.  There is a lot of information there that we look at in correlation with your graphs.  

Post a screenshot of a good day before your surgery and a recent one after surgery.  

I do however notice the "Positional Apnea"  on your event graph.  Look at the "clusters" of Obstructives.  This occurs when you tuck your chin into your chest, effectively cutting off your air.  It also could be that you're using pillows that are too high.  Many folk here solve this issue by using a soft cervical collar to help support the chin tuck issue.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Follow the link in my signature line to help with organizing your chart.  
If you use the F12 key, I believe it will put what we like to see in the correct order.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

thanks for the reply. Firstly a hope everyone is having a great Xmas Holiday.

I've tried to resize and reorganize the data as best I can.

Here are some shots of a good day before the operation, and the ahi going haywire after.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a definite positional issue to work out. I mean some form of neck alignment or chin tucking. This may or may not be related to the surgery (most likely not related) but it needs to be addressed. Read about the soft cervical collar in my signature.

I would like to see a 10 minute view of your periodic breathing (green bar) on both the 21st and 23rd just to see if it is an area of concern because you just had that angioplasty.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't help but, having had four stents myself, I struggle to understand how this could affect your apnea. What symptoms preceded your angioplasty? Did you have a heart attack, or just angina?
Post Reply Post Reply
Stress, 
ANY surgery can have a temporary impact on apnea.  Some more than others.  
With the PB I wanted to eliminate the CSR possibility. IMHO no CSR here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having angina for about a month mistaking it for heartburn.  Turns out my gastro doc is a better cardiologist than a gastro and he and sent me for a heart scan and discovered I was at 100% blockage for 1 artery.  My cpap troubles began immediately after surgery and has continued for 3 weeks. Hoping some changes to pressure can bring the numbers back low because between the blood thinning meds and low heart rate now... I'd feel a bit safer if it was breathing properly at night.

I've attached, the zoomed in version of the PB events.

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you taking anything new, other than the blood thinners?

Also, I see that there are some gaps in your data, suggesting that you don't use your machine every night. Is that correct? If so, why?
Post Reply Post Reply
Blood thinners, Cholesterol meds, meds to slow heart rate...

The days that are missing is because i've experimented with different settings for like an hour or two at odd times... which got recorded as 1 night's rest.. and ended up missing for some reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
The meds to "slow the heart rate" - is that a beta blocker? I have had my beta blocker dose changed over the years and, whenever it was increased, my AHI would rise for a few days. This didn't happen when it was lowered again. FYI, the changes were usually in an effort to reduce severe ectopic beats, which I get from time to time, balanced against the fatigue that beta blockers can cause.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 647 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,352 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,359 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,647 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.